Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Alarm When Traction Control Is On

HI

Just finished a day off road on some good tracks. We were traversing up a preety steep loose track. The traction control was on for say 10 seconds at a time when an alarm came on: beep beep beep then Beeepppppp like a flat line. The traction control light flashes then comes on the dash saying it is off. Then goes away when on solid ground.

A mate says that the TC gets hot so it warns you and turns off for a few seconds until it cools down.

Has anyone experienced this.

Any comments welcomed.

Nicko
    2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

yep had that a few times. couple of times up one fairly steep rough hill and another time up a really steep hill. the manual warns you about it. i haven't had it switch off yet. it is just lettting you know the brake fluid is getting hot. let it cool down and it is fine.
    Pathy
    1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

cheers thanks Pathy.
      2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

I think it is actually when the acumulator cant keep up with the constant actuation of the brakes rather than an overheat situation. But the result is the same.

Pat
        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
          I think it is actually when the acumulator cant keep up with the constant actuation of the brakes rather than an overheat situation. But the result is the same.

Pat
          in the owners manual, it says "if the temperature in the braking system increases excessively due to continuous brake control on a slippery road surface, a warning buzzer will sound intermittently to warn the driver. if driving continues in spite of the buzzer and the temperature in the braking system increases further, the active stability control light (the little car) will illuminate, the warning buzzer will sound continuously for approximately 3 seconds, and active control system operation will be suspended to protect the braking system. (normal operation of the vehicle will not be affected.) if the vehicle is stopped and the the active stability control light goes off, the active traction control will start operating again."
          Pathy
          1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

I know what the manual says, but if you look at how the system works I suspect it may actually be the accumulator as I suggested.

Pat
            16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X