Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel upgrade chips

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so I apologise in advance if this issue has already bee covered elsewhere. I am currently reseaching the aftermarket upgrade fuel chips for my NP DiD auto. I have looked at the DP Chip and Steinbauer system. Both are quoting excellent numbers and the DP Chip even has a 30 day money back guarantee. Has any members had any experience with these chips and if so, what kinds of benefits are you experiencing?? Also, have you noticed any premature wear to the engine??

Thanks in advance.
    Milhouse

2005 GLS DiD auto, bog stock at this stage (but planning to change that)

Don't forget the Dtronic either, it has an excellent reputation and is designed in Australia for our conditions (read hotter than European areas)

Peter
    2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ghlight=dpchip
      Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
      Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
        Don't forget the Dtronic either, it has an excellent reputation and is designed in Australia for our conditions (read hotter than European areas)
        Peter, while I agree with you that the Dtronic was designed for hotter climates than European, it was in fact not designed in Australia, but in South Africa by a company known as Dastek. The company was started in the late seventies or early eighties by one of the most respected automotive tuning/performance enhancement experts over here.

The product is known as the Dastek Powerplug over here and it is very well known and has quite a following, I would say. The Powerplug is branded as the Safari Dtronic in Australia. Have a look at this link.

I think the Pajero DiD with Powerplug is good for 139 kW and 430 Nm at very similar engine speeds to the unmodified version.
        Last edited by pampaskat; 11-09-07, 07:54 AM.
        2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
        1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

I have a dtronic unit in my NP. Great improvement in overall performance(especially towing camper trailer).
          One small problem, engine management light comes on over 3000 rpm & vehicle looses power.
          Just change up a gear & problem disappears
          Regards.
          Vince
          Last edited by vinceb; 18-09-07, 11:20 AM. Reason: Caps lock

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
          Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

My 2005 Pajero when driven hard the engine management light comes on over & vehicle looses power over 3000 rpm. If I back off the light goses out and it drives ok. It does not happen each time only about once a month. It only happen at high speed I am paramedic and this is my work car. Just wondering if this is a general problem with this model or only after chip been added. My private NP has never done this but I dont drive it as hard
            JR
            04 NP Exceed 3.2 DID Tough Dog Springs, Bilsteins, ECB Alloy Bar, Cargo Barrier, IPF Driving Lights, Inter Cooler Sump and Transmission Guards and Copper ST

Comment

Ops my spelling sorry but I think you get the idea
              JR
              04 NP Exceed 3.2 DID Tough Dog Springs, Bilsteins, ECB Alloy Bar, Cargo Barrier, IPF Driving Lights, Inter Cooler Sump and Transmission Guards and Copper ST

Comment

My Paj is an NM DiD with a PSI Powerbox chip on it (One of the less sophisticated ones) and my engine management light has never come on, not once in 180,000km with or without the chip, even above 3000 rpm

It would be interesting to ask a Mitsubishi dealer what error codes the system is reporting, it may be a simple as a clogged air filter or blocked exhaust xausing breathing problems over 3000 rpm

Peter

ps. I was unaware that the Dtronic was designed in South Africa as in my discussions with the DTronic people in OZ they strongly indicated that they had developed it. It seems that in reality they have simply 'retuned' it for our conditions (According to their website)
                2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

Hi Peter. I have unfortunately never had the pleasure of visiting Australia, but from what I have seen (TV, movies) and heard I would imagine the conditions in Australia and South Africa to be rather similar (at least as far as diesel engine operation is concerned ).

Comment

Hi Pampaskat,

From the little I can glean online on average Australia is both hotter and colder than SA. While not unusual for SA to reach 38 degrees Australia has large areas that regularly and continuously exceed 40 degrees, while in Tasmania and highland areas temperatures below zero are common.

While the cold would not raise any issues for a diesel (Assuming you can get it started ) temperatures over 40 could provide significant challenges.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter.
                      My light came on recently when the vehicle was at local dealer. They asked me if I had increased the boost to cause the light to come on & loose power. Told them no, only added a dtronoc system.
                      Perhaps there is a boost problem. I contacted Dtronic but did not receive a reply.The problem only occurs when travelling up hills. Change gear at 3000rpm & away it goes again.
                      Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
                      Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                        From the little I can glean online on average Australia is both hotter and colder than SA. While not unusual for SA to reach 38 degrees Australia has large areas that regularly and continuously exceed 40 degrees, while in Tasmania and highland areas temperatures below zero are common.
                        Peter, the part of South Africa where I stay (North East coast, not that far from the Mozambique border) sees temps exceeding 40?C very regularly during the months of January to March and there are semi-desert areas (e.g. the Kalahari) where the temps are regularly higher than 40? in summer as well.

Also, a large portion of the cars in South Africa are operated at altitudes in excess of 1000m above sea level (most of the interior is on a high plateau). The low air density at high altitudes often lead to overfueling issues with diesel motors.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X