Dust entry to NP pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust entry to NP pajero

Hello All, just for your info, I went away for the first time in my NP Pajero to the Walhalla area, ended up driving all the very dusty tracks to Woods Point to camp (all tracks still closed). But the car kept filling with dust if I ever opened the window. Upon return poked my hand up between the rear bumper and wheel arch to find that one of the rubber flaps on the ventalation exhaust system had stuck itself open somehow, just needed to tease it out, now hopefully no dust! So check yours if you too have dust problems.
    2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Hi Bernard.
    I have the same problem.Had a look at rear flaps & they seem ok.Problem is getting worse so I am off to local dealer today & find out about "dust seal kit" which other members have had fitted to their pajeros.
    I notice there is another recent post on this subject.
    Regards.
    Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
    Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Vince & Bernard,

The Dust Seal Kit is a warranty item covered by Bitsamissing. (Mitsubishi)

They will try and use the escape clause, that you weren't operating the airconditioning system correctly and that allowed the dust entry...

Read up on the correct procedure and set the heater controls "BEFORE" you take your vehicle in... This was the 1st item they looked at with mine.... You must explain that the air is on recirculate and the airconditioner is on and the windows have never been used...

Then they'll take pictures of dust around certain points and claim they have to send the pictures to Mitsubishi in Japan?? About 2 weeks later you'll get a call asking for the vehicle for a couple of days....

The "Dust Kit" is some silicone and double sided tape stuck in a couple of locations... That's it!!! Seemed to work though???

If you need any further info let me know.

Regards,

Jason
      Jason.

Eastern Burbs of Melb

100 Series Land Cruiser

"Sahara"

Comment

Hello Toyota Traitor!

Thanks for the info, wonder how the fact the car is way out of warrenty affects the result?

Any one had much success with post warrenty repair?

enjoy
        bernard
        2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Comment

Hi Bernard.
          Just had the dust kit fitted to the NP. It took 2 days. All the panels seem to fit ok, pity they didn't clean up after they finished the job!!!.
          There is dust everywhere. The vehicle looks like it has just returned fron the Simpson desert. Lets hope that the dust problem is a lot better the next time I venture out in the bush.
          Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
          Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Had the 'Dust Kit' fitted to mine about a year ago, covered under warranty. The dealer was a little thin with detail, but one thing I know they did was glue the tailgate door seal to the body. When not opened for a week or more, it had a tendency to stick to the tailgate and pull away from the body slighty when the tailgate was next opened. Not entirely sure what else was done, but it seems to have reduced the amount of dust entering the cabin.
            Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

At the "Bottom" point of the door seals you will find a small hole.
              These holes have been filled with a "Dob" of silicone.
              You will also find a few strips of double sided tape on places where the seals may not fit/close securely...

That was what was explained as a "NP Dust Entry Kit" when i had mine done!

Apart from that i couldn't find anything extra done!
              Jason.

Eastern Burbs of Melb

100 Series Land Cruiser

"Sahara"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X