NP Exceed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Exceed!

Picked up my NP Exceed today, silver with black leather, 64k's on the clock.

Goes OK, I still reckon the NL is quicker, but boy does it handle well! especially on bumpy dirt roads. The one thing I always disliked about the NL is that it is harsh on the ride.

Looking thru the owners manual, I note that it says that the auto is an intellingent one, whats that supposed to mean, that all other autos are dumb?? What is intelligent about it??

First mod with be a bull bar & then (maybe) front locker.!

cheers
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

They run the Invecs 2 transmission. Self learning and adapts to your style of driving.
    If changes are too quick or not quick enough you can reset the trasmission changes by taking off the battery lead for a while. It will then adapt to your style of driving depending on how much lead is in your right boot.
    Make sure you have your radio pin handy. On level ground and steering wheel straight ahead before disconnecting. Might also idle rough until ECU relearns. Enjoy the Paj Ian, sounds like a nice unit.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Like Pickle said it basically changes the shift points on how you drive by either holding a gear longer for more sportier drivers or shifting sooner for more "old lady" style driving.
      03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by icysyrup View Post
        Like Pickle said it basically changes the shift points on how you drive by either holding a gear longer for more sportier drivers or shifting sooner for more "old lady" style driving.
        Oh, I see, will it still adapt to my driving style without a reset?? & if so how long would that take? I have to go to a dealer for the code, I dont have it.

I meant 64000ks not 64ks!, sorry.

Comment

Hi Ian

Congratulations on your purchase is it diesel or petrol?.

The gearbox is only intelligent when compared to the Three Stooges by the way

Cheers Glenn
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
            Hi Ian

Congratulations on your purchase is it diesel or petrol?.

The gearbox is only intelligent when compared to the Three Stooges by the way

Cheers Glenn
            Yeah probably, its a 3.5l petr, i also took a look underneath to see how it differed to the NL. F A R K the protection plates are all plastic, except for the first one! What was Mitsu thinking? Its pretty thick plastick though, but I doubt it could fend off a rock.

Cheapskates!

Comment

I have noticed and also heard from other people that my transmission relearned itself in under 100km. But it is basically in a constant state of learning so if you drive it slow and then start getting agressive it will learn that in a little while......but gradually changes....I hope I explained that well enough.

As far as skids....yes they are junk plastic under there. And they wont fend off rocks cause I didnt know I damaged my fuel tank and dented it in good till i went to build a skid for it and took off the plastic one. and noticed the huge dent. So invest in a good set of skids when you get a chance...they are a great accesory to get right away in my opinion.
              03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I have noticed and also heard from other people that my transmission relearned itself in under 100km. But it is basically in a constant state of learning so if you drive it slow and then start getting agressive it will learn that in a little while......but gradually changes...
                Another thing that means in practice is that you really need to be thinking ahead of the Transmission at times. I find that after a longish day on flat country the transmission is too slow to shift down on the hills. Manually changing down ahead of the point where the auto decides helps to keep the Cruise Control in range. A day in more hilly country seems to have the auto changing more aggressively.

Comment

thanks guys.
                  I have another Q.

For those with the Exceed, there seems to be air vents at the feet of the back pasengers, but for the life of me I cant seem to get any air out of them or maybe they are only return air vents??

Anyone know?

Comment

air vents=, if i set the front controls to 'heat' and 'feet' mine work well enough to warm up the rear area,
                    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Someone posted up a "How TO" on how to take out the center console. If there is no air coming out of them its very possible that the vent tubing has come loose and it runs by the gear shifter and under the arm rest. Just have to remove the center console which isnt very hard at all and check that.

Comment

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                        air vents=, if i set the front controls to 'heat' and 'feet' mine work well enough to warm up the rear area,
                        oh, on heat only I was only trying cold.

Comment

Someone posted up a "How TO" on how to take out the center console. If there is no air coming out of them its very possible that the vent tubing has come loose and it runs by the gear shifter and under the arm rest. Just have to remove the center console which isnt very hard at all and check that.
                          sorry, the console rear vents are working, the ones that I am talking about are the 2 vents under the passesnger rear seat, they face forward.

I cant get any air from them , maybe they arent air vents?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                            thanks guys.
                            I have another Q.

For those with the Exceed, there seems to be air vents at the feet of the back pasengers, but for the life of me I cant seem to get any air out of them or maybe they are only return air vents??

Anyone know?
                            Got it! They are return air vents..
                            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                              Got it! They are return air vents..
                              OK many thanks pal.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X