ATC on MY04 GLX 3.8 auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC on MY04 GLX 3.8 auto

Can anybody tell me if my 8/03 build GLX would have ATC, I am aware of ABS & ASC as there is a disable switch and warning light on dash, but not aware of Auto Traction Control ? Was it just in higher spec'd wagons early on ?

The engine is electronic throttle control.
    Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

Matt?

Gidday Borgy,

I have a Sep 03 built-date Paj NP GLS, automatic petrol 3.8l, and to my knowledge at that time Mitsu offered MATT for the entire range GLX, GLS and Exceed. I found that to be really attractive as at that time I believe Prado GXL (mid spec - comparable to Paj GLS) doesn't have a similar spec (their traction, stability control etc was only standard on higher spec-ed models).

Could not remember but expect the vehicle's manual should explain it. MATT I believe stands for Mitsubishi All Terrain Technology? Which I believe combines Traction Control, Stability Control and Hill-Descent Control.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Comment

AFAIK all 3.8's had traction control. 3.5's didn't as they were not drive-by-wire.
      16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
      10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Thanks Guys, anybody know easiest way to test...?
        Borgy

Comment

Get one front tire airborne in an offcamber situation and keep applyin the gas and if you hear the brakes chattering like the ABS is working then you know you have it...also your 4 wheel lights in the dash will also flash telling you what wheel is spinning and lost traction
          03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

NP 3.5's do have traction control, but not the other stuff. The traction control runs off the ABS sensors and uses the brakes to operate the system.
            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Originally posted by borgy View Post
              Thanks Guys, anybody know easiest way to test...?
              The easiest way is find a patch of dirt, leave it in 2 wheel drive, put it in first gear, give it a bit of throttle, not enough to get you into trouble, just enough to spin the rear wheels. you will feel it working on the rear wheels and the rear wheel lights on your 4wd display will flash. unless you switch the asc off, it might cut your engine power as well. I know it does it to me, can you a fright if you are trying to merge with traffic.
              Pathy
              1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Attachment is scanned from MY04 brochure I have. Seems to indicate that a 3.8 auto glx should have it.
                Attached Files
                04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

Thanks all shall test and see.
                  Borgy

Comment

I find the ASC in mine to be a bit of a spoil sport. Cuts in very easily. Used to enjoy punting the NM along an open dirt road in 4H. At the hint of a bit of oversteer, judicious use of the throttle would see it pull itself straight as the torque shifted to the front wheels a little and pulled it out. I find the ASC intrudes on that as it cuts the power right when I want it to open the throttle and pull around. It would be hard to get yourself into trouble though I suppose. This is mentioned in the feature Overlander did on the Pajeros. The Pajero is such a nice handling 4WD that it seems a shame to tame it down.

The ATC on the other hand - works well. Wheel slips, hold the throttle steady and let it do its thing. I know it's a simple process / program to do it but it is quite effective.
                    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X