Firestone / Poly Air Bags NP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestone / Poly Air Bags NP

OK question for the forum hoping someone has done the hard yards already.

Found on the net Poly Airs in Australia and they would seem to be the American Air Lifts imported from the USA. Question - has anyone purchased from the US and if so what part numbers did you order / how much etc.

Also found the Firestone Coil Rite bags listed as well. Again anyone purchased from the US and how much / from who etc.

It would seem that very few parts places sell for the 2004 Mitsubisho Montero (equiavelent to a Pajero I think). A lot list a 2000 model however I am looking to match the Australian NP and think the US 2000 model is the older NL.

If anyone has any clues or comments appreciate the thoughts. Motivation is the US cost seems to be about USD 75 per pair which would be landed in Aussie for say $150 - a lot cheaper than the $350 plus fitting costs quoted to date.

Cheers
    JC

Paid $320 fully fitted for mine in AU. Does $150 for the us pair include all the lines and fittings?
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Yes $150 seems to be the complete kits cost. $320 fully fitted seems like a very good deal - I haven't been able to get someone less than $450 - even had a cheeky $650 quote from a suspension place.

Where did you get yours done ?

Comment

JC,

Did this exercise just before i got rid of the NP and got the Landcruiser.

From personal experience i would go the poly airs. You can even fit them yourself if you have a bit of mechanical knowlegde and time....

The Firestones are more of a Heavy Duty suspension suitable for the big American SUV's like the F250 and so on....

The availability of parts and the places that know of Poly Airs was the deciding factor in my purchase....
        (you don't want to be the other side of Birdsville and someone says "Huh" when you mention a blown line on a Firestone!)

See Martin at TJM in Dandenong and he'll help you out. Tell him i sent you and it may cost you double though!
        Jason.

Eastern Burbs of Melb

100 Series Land Cruiser

"Sahara"

Comment

There is no kit for NM/NP from Airlift. The bags them self are very possibly manufactured by them. They have variety of sizes to match to springs but NM/NP requires special spacer on top to clear mounting bolt that holds suspension subframe to body. Guess they never bothered to design one. I've got a set of bags for my NM from Ford minivan whenever I'll get a chance I plan to make set of spacers from urethane. With two little ones this chance seems never to come up.
          1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
          2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

Poly Airs

This debate was ared in the old forum. Try this site:-
            http://www.centuryperformance.com/ai...asp#Mitsubishi

A forum member reported that the USA supplies refused him a mail order purchase in order to protect the Australian Poly Air distributor/agent.
            Air lift Product ID: ARL-60747
            DiD WA
            '05 NP, ARB bar, CB, Magnum winch, 2" Kings, spots, racks, Coopers, underbody plate, aux tank..

Comment

60747 is a AirLift kit for Gen 2 Montero/Pajero as well as Montero Sport (Challenger). This is not going to suit Gen 3 NM/NP
              1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
              2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X