NP Front LHS Tyre Scuffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Front LHS Tyre Scuffing

Have noticed outer edge is scuffing and is going to ruin tyre. Fitted new COOPERS 5000km ago and had alignment FR & RR done. All other tyres wearing OK, including RHS FT. My last NJ had to have longer bolts put in top wishbone to give adjustment to correct a similar problem, but NP has struts.

Does anybody have a fix ?
    Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

What sort of allignment did you have done? Most tyre joints will do no more than a toe adjustment. Take it back to where you ahd the allignment done and ask them why they didnt correct the camber and if they would like to cough up for the stuffed tyre. That should see them taking a closer look.

The LHS front is prone to scuffing the outer edge due to being leaned on in roundabouts and RH turns. Besides needing to have the camber set properly (adjustable by a cam - run 0.5 to 1 degree more than factory specs) make sure that you run around 36 or more psi to keep the tyres a bit more firm.

Pat
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Thks, when I discussed the problem with aligner they noted the need to adjust strut camber amazing!!!! Booked in Thurs so we will see result, at least I am a bit more informed now.
      Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

Comment

Strut Camber? It doesnt exactly have struts - at least not in the Macpherson strut sense of the word. Camber is adjusted on the lower control arm as well as caster. SOunds like they didnt bother to do it in the first instance. You sure you want to use them again?

Pat
        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X