NP DID A/C Cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP DID A/C Cutting out

Hi there everyone, my A/C keeps cutting out if the car is left idling for a short while, has been whilst in drive thru que at Hungry jacks and also just going to the local dump and waiting to get to the pay booth there, have had it back to local Mistu dealer a couple of times for this prob, the first time they apparently dropped out some gas as they said it may have been ovecharged, second time they fitted a new superceded H/D condenser fan relay, but it still does the same thing, and now as it is getting hotter it is more prevalent, also when it does drop out it takes about 5 min driving even at 100 klms before it does come back on.
    Has anyone had a similar prob and if so, what was at fault?
    Thanks in advance. Tony
    2005 Platinum DID, Kings springs & Bilsteins lift, Polyairs, Factory fit Snorkel-Alloy Nudge Bar-Hayman Reece Towbar, IPF'S & USA made "JAOS" S/S front Intercooler Skid Plate, Redarc Solenoid. TJM Sump & Trans Guards, GME TX 3440 remote mic UHF

An overcharge of gas would cause this. I'd be a bit concerned if the dealer dumped some gas because he thought it "may" have been overcharged. It should be quite easy for them to measure the gas pressures to tell this, no guessing should be involved. The system getting too hot would also cause the compressor to cut out. It's not that abnormal for this to occur if your stationary but if it's happening alot or affecting the inside cabin temp then there may be a problem.

Comment

Stupid question:
      Is the AC condenser electric fan operating when the AC is on?

Does the engine increase idle when AC is operating?

I seriously doubt it was overcharged.

Can be a few things dual pressure switch, ecu is seeing an engine problem, etc.

You can check the engine coolant temp switch (115degC off) and condenser fan temp switch (108degC on)
      Last edited by marquis; 14-10-07, 12:31 AM.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Yes the fan is on whilst the a/c is working but it does stop when the a/c cuts out, I will be back in contact with the dealer tomorrow and see if any other ides from them, luckily it is all warranty.
        2005 Platinum DID, Kings springs & Bilsteins lift, Polyairs, Factory fit Snorkel-Alloy Nudge Bar-Hayman Reece Towbar, IPF'S & USA made "JAOS" S/S front Intercooler Skid Plate, Redarc Solenoid. TJM Sump & Trans Guards, GME TX 3440 remote mic UHF

Comment

If the fan stops when it cuts out then i wouldnt imagaine its a temperature related thing - generally when heats the cause for it to stop the van will still continue. Ive seen something simular happen, there was grit / stuck TX valve... Identical syptoms to wat you describe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X