Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what the roof rack rating on an NM is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the roof rack rating on an NM is?

Thanks
    Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

I'm pretty sure it is 100 Kg max
    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Thanks
      Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Originally posted by Endorphin View Post
        I'm pretty sure it is 100 Kg max
        I remember a post on the old forum where Mitsu had down graded it to 25Kg per bar IE max 75Kg)
        Muzza
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Personally I don't know whether I'd trust the mitsu mounting brackets, they certainly don't look very strong, and there have been instances of them pulling out of the roof. I'd suggest even 75kg when going off road is way to much. The only alternative I think is the track mounted system from Rhino rack.

Comment

Originally posted by jol View Post
            Personally I don't know whether I'd trust the mitsu mounting brackets, they certainly don't look very strong, and there have been instances of them pulling out of the roof. I'd suggest even 75kg when going off road is way to much. The only alternative I think is the track mounted system from Rhino rack.
            And that's rated to 100KG.
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

I have the Rhino rack system.

After the travelling around Tas, Vic, Central Aus, Cape York, etc - by the time I got to Darwin the Rhino rack mounts where coming away from the roof (rivited into the gutter - rivits busted or "loose"). I have about 60kg up there (alloy spare + bed/canvas for tent)

TJM (under warranty) replace the original rivits with larger rivits - but I think it will end up loose again.

I think the roof rack on Pajeros are shocking (ie MM did a sh!thouse job of designing this bit)
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Rhino rivets never came loose on our NM. Bloody big rivets though. I would suggest we were very close to the 100KG with an alloy spare, black wolf turbo tent, chairs and sleeping bags.
                16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X