Gen3 CVs and Suspension Lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen3 CVs and Suspension Lifting

One thing that is a given is that the mid-ride sideshaft angles on the Gen3 will increase when the suspension is lifted by fitting different coils. I am considering doing this in the very near future, so I am curious to know what the owners of lifted Gen3s have experienced in the field in terms of CV life or issues.

I would appreciate any views and comments and particularly details of:
    1. The amount your suspension was raised
    2. The mileage the vehicle did before the lift and how much it has done after
    3. Details of any CV life or reliability issues

Your trouble is much appreciated.
    2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
    1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

2" lift
    92,000km
    Replaced rear shafts @ 170,000km due to clicking in the outer rears. Arguable wether it was wear in the CV's or the drive splines. I think it was actually the latter. Attributable to lots of heavy duty towing.

The rear CV's on these are huge and you rarely hear of failures, even with lifted vehicles. Do the lift - much better off and on road for it. You do however hear of the odd front one breaking.
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

I have right around 177'000km on mine and i am due to replace one worn out cv on the front and my rears are clicking.....its due to wear and tear and just normal maintenance that I need to do now. I second what psproule said with you need to DO THE LIFT. cause it is heeps better on and off road. Its hands down the best mod i have done to mine. I have the OME lift with HD springs all around and love it.
      03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I have right around 177'000km on mine and i am due to replace one worn out cv on the front and my rears are clicking.....its due to wear and tear and just normal maintenance that I need to do now. I second what psproule said with you need to DO THE LIFT. cause it is heeps better on and off road. Its hands down the best mod i have done to mine. I have the OME lift with HD springs all around and love it.
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Hi icysyrup, just to clarify; Have you run the lifted suspension for 177000 km?
          2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
          1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

It has been on it for around 120'000km

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X