Electrical Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Gremlins

I can figure out most mechanical stuff on my NP with a little thinking but when it comes to Electrical junk my mind draws a blank. I started the Paj yesterday and the ABS/Traction control On and OFF lights came on. I didn't think much of it and then stopped and shut it off and restarted it. Well that cleared it and they shut off and went back to normal.

however the next day when i was going to work I started it up and they came on once again. So i shut it off and restarted it again thinking it would clear it.....well nope it didn't and they are on now whenever I start the vehicle and run it.

I hate to run it without ABS on the highways and was wondering if anyone can help me rectify this situation. Thanks in advance.

Phil
    03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Icy, I would start by trying easy things: Check out the ABS sensors and their leads first. The sensors are easy to find. Behind each wheel is a toothed disc with the sensor looking at it end on. If you have been off-roading recently some moisture could have found its way into a wiring joint. It is also possible that a sensor has been damaged.
    2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
    1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

Hi

I had similar/same on my NP a couple of years ago - MUTT-II indicated it was LH front wheel sensor. After many hours at dealer, new sensor and to & fro with MMAL service support it was discovered - "corroded pins and pins not properly connecting in a plug behind LH kick panel" or words to that effect from local Mitsubishi dealer's service manager.

Mal
      NP GLX DID Auto
      ARB winch bar
      Nite Stalker Spots
      265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
      Towbar
      TX3200 UHF
      Tekonsha Prodigy
      Kingsley Side Steps
      Polyairs
      Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

Thanks guys I will check those sensors at the wheels and go from there. I will post an update as I find out. Thank you much for the help.
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

ABS errors like this can also show up if you have a failed bearing in a hub. It detects that the wheel speed is different to the others because of the lateral movement a failed bearing will allow. Jack up each wheel and check it for movement in the hub by pushing/pulling in and out.
          NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X