Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM Cruise Control Jumps Off

Hello there,
    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Vehicle is 2002 NM DiD Auto Exceed with about 180,000kms. Cruise control on going up long hill on highway, set at 110kmh, auto downshifts, revs rise and cruise control suddenly turns off without warning. Engine warning light comes on and engine goes into limp mode at reduced power. At top of hill, reduce throttle settings, engine light goes off and cruise control can be turned back on and activated again. It's not only annoying, but also unsafe because when the cruise control turns off, the throttle position reverts to spring control and you are suddenly decelerating. Not good if you have Mister Speedy Driver close to your backside. I've had a couple of near misses now.

Hi
    I think you will find the answer in your owner's manual under "Cruise Control"

"The cruise control can be turned off automatically in any of the following ways."

Point 5 in my NP manual - "When your speed slows to 15km/h or more below the set speed because of a hill, etc"

Mal

P.S. It has happened a number of times to me towing and certainly is un-nerving the first couple of times before you find out the reason.
    NP GLX DID Auto
    ARB winch bar
    Nite Stalker Spots
    265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
    Towbar
    TX3200 UHF
    Tekonsha Prodigy
    Kingsley Side Steps
    Polyairs
    Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

Originally posted by mal&glo View Post
      Hi
      I think you will find the answer in your owner's manual under "Cruise Control"

"The cruise control can be turned off automatically in any of the following ways."

Point 5 in my NP manual - "When your speed slows to 15km/h or more below the set speed because of a hill, etc"

Mal

P.S. It has happened a number of times to me towing and certainly is un-nerving the first couple of times before you find out the reason.
      Thanks for that answer, being new to the pajero. My NP03 does that as well, I was going to get it checked at the next service 90k, You probably saved me some money there cheers
      NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

No, No No, No No....

The cruise control will turn off if the vehicle slows but the check engine light should not come on under these circumstances, nor should the car lose power..... my NM 2002 DiD will turn the cruise control off but I have never seen the check engine light on while driving.

I would suggest that there is something wrong... perhaps excessive turbo boost (Hence goes away when foot is lifted) or a blocked air filter?

Peter
        2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

There is definitely something wrong. It should simply downshift the auto and power on up. In a manual if the speed drops it will drop the cruise eventually but will not light the CEL or go into limp mode. You will need to take it to a dealer to look for stored fault codes.

Pat
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Mine is a petrol Auto, The check engine light does not come on, just drops out of cruise on a big hill towing if the speed drops too much.
            NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

I'll add my aggreement to what Peter's said.

We've had an NM 3.5 petrol & now an NP05 DiD, and both vehicles, on long uphill climbs have dropped out of cruise control. Theres' been no loss of engine power & we've been able to manually accelerate back up the hill.

If the CEL is coming on, get in to your nearest dealer.

Deacs

Comment

I have an NM 2001 that experienced similar frustration with the Cruise. Quickly realised I lost cruise every time I tried to overtake someone ! Replaced the LHS rear indicator bulb and all smiles since. Its worth a look.
                Cheers, Mitishi.
                NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X