LOKKA lOCK RITE vs ARB AIR LOCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOKKA lOCK RITE vs ARB AIR LOCKER

I have just been quoted 600.00 for a front lokka from 4wd systems + 350 to install approx.

What is the general opinion on this. It is a 1/4 of the price of the ARB one nearly. Can you operate it from in the cabin?
    2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Lokka is an auto-locker and its operation is not user selectable. It is actually better described as an auto-unlocker, because it remains locked until a wheel tries to run faster than the diff is trying to drive it (e.g when cornering).

You would have to do some homework on the effects of the Lokka on the way the Super Select system functions. You might loose the ability to shift from 2H to 4H on the fly (not sure, though, haven't tested it myself). If you run in 4H on the road, the Lokka might interfere with steering somewhat and could lead to somewhat strange handling.
    2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
    1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

What Pampaskat said. AFAIK you loose the ability to use 4H on road.

Pat
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Is this a fact re losing the ability to change into 4H on the fly and if so why?
        Last edited by nicko; 25-10-07, 08:31 PM.
        2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Call Brad at OnTrack 4x4 and have a chat to him. 3290 2533
          Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
          Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by nicko View Post
            Is this a fact re losing the ability to change into 4H on the fly and if so why?
            On my Surf was able to shift on the fly no probs - this was also a vacuum operated system- there is no probs associated with steering - it does feel a little different but nothing terrible happens - not sure about the 4H on bitumen I thought the centre diff would take care of that - email 4wd systems or ring them they pretty good

Comment

Cheers for the info. Yes 4wd systems were very helpfull and answered 20 questions via emil with immediate repsonses. I feel there would be no issue in getting one for the Paj but for the time have decided to put it on the back burner. I am not satified that it will provide any more that what the capabilies of th car is now.

If down the track I change my mind the ARB one will probably get the nod though.

Nick

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X