Spot the diff: Toyota V's MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the diff: Toyota V's MM

It would seem that Toyota actually back their product, care enough about their reputation and customers as to put reliability of their product and safety of their customers before sales profit and know how to communicate with their dealers and customers.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...618797577.html
    NS oil burner shorty

Does anyone know if MMA have ceased (on the quiet) delivering DID Pajeros?

Comment

LOL

Well I ordered mine in August and I am still waiting.
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

what if any reason for the delay have you been given?

Comment

I ordered mine on Sept 25th and took delivery 10 days later.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by MalF View Post
            what if any reason for the delay have you been given?
            To be fair, I was told that it would be a bit of a wait because I wanted because I wanted the rear locker and the color I wanted was not available so it had to go on the list to be built. But I had been told it would be delivered early November and when I rang up the other day they still knew nothing. They told me that they would not have a date for delivery until after it had been built and as it does not go onto the computer until it is built. As of 1 week ago it still had not been built.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Back to Easties statement

Who actually believes that Toyota back their product!
              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ighlight=prado
              Reported roll overs of Prados, I never saw a recall from toyota on this.

Fact is they are quite deceptive in their advertising, DAT is delivered on about only 20% of their vehicles, hardly a safe truck. I've owned one and more than once it was up to the driver to regain control on corners on the black top. I won't ever have one again because i want my family to survive.

For fun read:http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-29778,00.html

I liked:"I have owned a Prado, a Landcruiser and now two Pajero's. Mitsubishi have always and always will be the leaders of 4WD technology and product development.
              Unfortunately Toyota have a bigger advertising budget and just fool the average public.
              The other problem that the Pajero faces is the 'Toyota Tough' syndrome. Where the average Aussie bloke thinks Toyota is tougher because of its size.
              The fact remains they fall apart, rattle and are built in a substandard mass production facility.
              Toyota have yet to finish a Dakar race let alone win it 11 times!
              Pajero have been monocoque since the NM series and where is Toyota's super select transmission? Long live the king of 4WD's. Pajero.
              "
              Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

What the original message is getting at is stakeholder management, not past history or reliability of every model/make of vehicle produced. There are issues with the NS DID that are well and truly known, and as a stakeholder I?m concerned having forked over a wad of cash for something that in no way has lived up to the reputation earned by previous versions or what they sold this as. I?m even more disappointed in Mitsubishis for what I see as failing to manage stakeholders with honesty (at least from the dealers) and professionalism.
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I agree but..

don't put Toyota on a pedestal, they really don't deserve to be there. When I had my Prado there was an upgrade available on the suspension that stopped it from hitting the bumpers all the time, Toyota didn't even mention it, it only came out when i told them that if i had more than 4 people in the vehicle it was riding on the stops. So the policy from Toyota was "It isn't a problem if the customer doesn't see it" even though it was a known problem.

What about the rollovers that were reported in the thread, didn't see any stakeholder management on that? Mercedes for example reacted to rollover incidents in its vehicles by retrofitting active stability control to its affected vehicles.

At the end of the day they all want to make money and honesty isn't part of that policy. Squeaky wheels are the order of the day. Toyota are no different, that example is no pillar in my mind, they just did the cost benefit analysis.
                  Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    To be fair, I was told that it would be a bit of a wait because I wanted because I wanted the rear locker and the color I wanted was not available so it had to go on the list to be built. But I had been told it would be delivered early November and when I rang up the other day they still knew nothing. They told me that they would not have a date for delivery until after it had been built and as it does not go onto the computer until it is built. As of 1 week ago it still had not been built.
                    Just wondering if MMA had in fact stopped selling them untill they sorted it out, perhaps not,

Comment

Not that I am aware of, although some of the later models seem to be happy doing burnoffs.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

The head of Land Rover stopped production of the 1st generation Freelanders until he was happy that the new factory had sorted out its build processes. So I guess Toyota isn't the only company to halt production for the sake of better build quality.

Comment

If Landrover halted production for build quality then they would never start up again!
                          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                          1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Sandgroper.
                            NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X