1st NS Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st NS Accident

Unfortunately I may have to offer myself up for the humilation of being the 1st to decently damage a new NS

Yesterday after a cra**y day i managed to reverse into a rather static fence post and cause some nice damage.

However when getting a quote for repair they said it is not as bad as it looks. Basically trashed the rear quarter bumper bar and smashed rear tail/indicator lights. Repairer suggested that it is less than a days fix with them only needing a new bracket, new quarter assembly and a new indicator assembly.

Sounds like the excess of plastic (tupperware as some of my friends have called it) may have prevented actual panel damage.

Still awaiting the final pricing but it was suggested that it may come under the excess required by our insurance.

Lets hope that is the case.

Cheers
    Jason.

You're lucky that the Rear Bumper is now in three parts, unlike the NP's huge single piece of plastic. Just removing and replacing it was 4 hours labour.

That's why I added 4-way Reversing Sensors to the NP and why I'm glad they're fitted to the NS
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Mike,
      Maybe they designed the new NS rear bar with me in mind.
      It was refreshing to hear a smash repair place actually say "it looks worse than it is"
      Being the poverty pack I don't have reversing sensors however i am not sure they would have helped. A Shi**y morning coupled with frustration of trying to find a park resulted in this damage. Note to self "It's not the cars fault you are having a bad day"

Good advice for us all.

Cheers
      Jason.

Comment

I did the same thing after a long day on a big trip, stopped @ caravan park unit, then decided to go get something to eat rather than prepare something, backed straight into lamp post, drivers side taillight & bumper corner, only plastic damage, the one feature I hate in the pajero is that damn seat belt warning, I know its for safety, but its over the top, not required in reverse for a start or whilst vehicle is idling...
        Gunmetal NS Pajero VRX DiD manual FP diff lock, ARB bar, Lightforce XGT's, KING springs in front only for now, ARB dual battery set up, 60l engel, Trailboss towbar, Achilles A/T 18's, custom STEEL side steps, beaudessert exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by NS DiD VRX manual View Post
          I did the same thing after a long day on a big trip, stopped @ caravan park unit, then decided to go get something to eat rather than prepare something, backed straight into lamp post, drivers side taillight & bumper corner, only plastic damage, the one feature I hate in the pajero is that damn seat belt warning, I know its for safety, but its over the top, not required in reverse for a start or whilst vehicle is idling...
          According to the manual you can adjust the distance between beeps or turn it off.
          2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
            Unfortunately I may have to offer myself up for the humilation of being the 1st to decently damage a new NS
            Sorry Scar, I think I claimed that award (on behalf of my wife) on the old forum.

We'd only had the car a couple of weeks in December last year when on a trip down in Sydney my wife turned into a concrete column in a carpark whilst reversing out of a car space. (it was the afternoon after I had the 1500km service!)

A few months ago I also hit a small roo and had to replace the whole bumper and flare. (But just got a smartbar fitted yesterday - will put up some photos asap).

So the score between me and the wife is '1 all'. Hopefully no more.

Mikens
            NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Do you guys down under get park assist in central console with Nav system? That might have helped
              1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
              2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

We don't even get a screen on the top-range Exceed model.
                Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

My NS SWB is still at the Panel Shop waiting for parts from japan. Got my self stuck in the dunes 3 weeks after recieving it. Ripped of the rear quarter and the drivers rear flare. also bent the passenger side step and scratched the left hand side of the car. But thats what a 4wd is for.
                  ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Originally posted by MinniTheMoocha View Post
                    According to the manual you can adjust the distance between beeps or turn it off.
                    theres a socket under the drivers seat that you can disconnect to turn off the seat belt warning,
                    2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bingle!

At least your bumper isn't one of those Pearlescent paint finishes. The respray process for pearl based paint is very time consuming as there are multiple layers. And so the car ends up in the workshop a lot longer, and a simple repair costs heaps more.

Comment

Ah good to hear i am not the only one that does stupid things to new cars.
                        I am very interested in learning more about the connection that disables the drivers seat belt warning.

Sometimes when offroad it is nice to leave belt undone but that constant beep always gets me putting it on again.

FYI MM Maybe when the car is in 4hlc or 4llc disable the beeps.

Cheers
                        Jason.

Comment

yeah i always end up putting the seat belt behind me and connecting it. so im sitting on it
                          ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

on the floor, its the black wire with the white sockets, if you unplug this socket it will disable the seatbelt warning, dont disconnect the yellow wire, it will cause your airbag warning to light up. I'm not sure if the australian model is different from ours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06282007055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	950949
                            2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Mitsubishi are really starting to tick me off. its been 5 weeks since i took it in to get the rear bar fixed and im still waiting on parts. What a joke even the panel beater is spitting it at them. you think back up parts would be part of there supposidly 'great service'

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X