A few new toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few new toys

Thought I'd give you a peek at a couple of my new toys. There're not enough pics of how our new NS's are setup so let's see what you've got!

This is my new ARB Dual Battery System. Using an Exide Extreme battery as the auxillary (N50, 75AH, 550CCA) which can be used as deep cycle or starting battery. ARB's tray is a one piece unit which holds the starting battery and the auxillary.

This is my new ARB High Volume Compressor. It's mounted in behind the passenger side headlight. Only used it briefly to reinflate one tyre but it seems to be bloody quick. Switch inside car is located in one of the cutouts next to the ASC button.

And here's my DIY Drawer System. Fridge on the RHS, stove slides into space under the fridge. False floor is made from external ply and is bolted in using the captive nuts in the floor. Drawer frame is bolted onto false floor using threaded inserts that I screwed into the floor. That way I can take it in and out as needed without damaging the holes in the floor. Fridge platform is bolted in the same way. Drawer slides hold 50kg which is plenty for what I carry in there. Drawer also opens at the top on heavy duty hinges. Bits and peices for the jack are mounted on the inside of the drawer.

Righto, now it's your turn.
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Fantastic, well done.

Do you know how the ARB dual battery tray compares to the TJM in price?

Any reason you went ARB?
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Fantastic, well done.

Do you know how the ARB dual battery tray compares to the TJM in price?

Any reason you went ARB?
      G'day Walker, I believe the TJM, ARB, Piranha, battery trays are all about $140-$150. I ended up buying the ARB unit because I also wanted their new compressor and thay ended up giving me a good discount for buying both.

I think the TJM Dual Battery System is very similar in quality and cost.

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Did you have any problems getting the compressor mounted where it is?
        Was anything moved in the process?
        NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
        Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

Originally posted by Fudggie View Post
          Did you have any problems getting the compressor mounted where it is?
          Was anything moved in the process?
          Hi Fudggie, ARB installed it and apparently it was a bit fiddly. Nothing had to be moved permenantly but the had to remove the headlight and and a few other bits to get it in there. Very happy with the end result though.

Comment

That setup looks great....good job.
            03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

ive got the dual tray on order to perth. just the tray and brackets which arb say are bolt in is setting me back $180. I bought a redarc solenoid off ebay for $110 with the bypass switch. havent installed it yet. prob this sunday. but i have a bushranger max air pro air compressor which i have mounted behind the charcoal canister. hopefully will miss the new battery tray
              ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X