Increased torque in NS DID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased torque in NS DID's

Looking at the new mitsubishi-motors australia site, I looked in on the specifications for the Pajero to see whether the new ones which you would expect to come standard now with the updated ECU (from the noise issue earlier - not the yet to be dealt with DPF issue), have different KW or torque data, and from where I sit it appears that the engine reflash may have increased torque, as the stats on my car from May this year (looking at the hardcopy brochure in front of me) has the torque at 358 Nm for the Auto and 378Nm for the Manual both at 2000 rpm. The new specifications on the web state 373 Nm for the Auto and 381Nm for the Manual. KW is unchanged. There is no info I can find to say that they have made any changes to the engine, so does anyone have any comment on whether this is in fact related to the ECU flash, or whether this is a different modification in perhaps 2008 model cars that has increased max Torque by another 15Nm in the auto?
    Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Your dead right, KW the same but torque up. Maybe these newer NS models did get different mapping in the ECU. I will try and find out although I dont think dealers will know!
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I've been onto Mitsubishi for a while about the availability of the ECU Re Flash for the DID Manual and they tell me it's not available yet, although should be soon. Therefore not sure how there could be any difference in the torque figures for the Manual.

Just checked back and the brochure I was given (in April) showed 381Nm for Manual.

Now I'm confused.
      2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Marketing?
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          I will try and find out although I dont think dealers will know!
          Dave
          And they don't, they suggested a typo.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

This is interesting,

I just had a look at the specifications on the UK site for the "new shogun" LWB, and chose the Warrior Automatic, which is found at this address
            http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/new...sp?strCar1=KN6

and it also states 125KW at 3800 and 373 Nm at 2000 rpm. Thus, if it is a typo, it appears the whole world has the same error - which of course is possibe if everyone is working from the same Japanese document, although I would doubt this to be an error coming out of Japan.

If it is a marketing thing, as Sandgroper has suggested, they are doing a poor job of marketing the increased torque, as you would not know that it was there if you didn't look for it. If this is true, then on paper, the Auto is now closer to the Prado with 400 Nm than before, even if it really doesn't make all that much of a difference out on the road.

Comment

Nova Artist, this is off topic but those UK specs in your link state towing capacity of 3030kg, which has been discussed before but also states a maximum towball weight of only 135kg. That seems odd to me.
              Sandgroper.
              NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Dear Sandgroper,

My understanding on the towing, is that as it does not get as hot in the UK, they have the increased towing capacity, as it seems all Pajero's have adequate chassis strength to lug 3 tonne around, but the limitation is on the ability of the engine to stay within normal temperature range. Thus, the Australian rating allows for middle of the desert driving in 45 degree heat, while the UK's lower temperatures allows the engine to handle the extra weight. At least this is how I've understood it from other sources. - As for the 135 kg downforce on the towball. I don't understand that one either.
                Last edited by Nova Artist; 01-11-07, 03:06 PM. Reason: adding extra towball info

Comment

My NS Auto made on 22 Aug seems to have a revised ECU, because it is very quiet, even when cold.

However it seems to have less power than my NP DiD Auto, which could pull up from Hawkesbury River on the F3 southbound at 115km/hr (indicated) and never change down to 4th gear, even when accelerating.

The NS changes down at constant speed on the steeper sections - I'm hoping it's because it's still running in - it's done 2000km.
                  Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X