Lovells suspension pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovells suspension pics

i know the pics are not the best but its something. There are before and after and measurement of the ride height afterwards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Pajero362.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Pajero367.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Pajero370.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Pajero365.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...w/000_0543.jpg

For those that have not followed my other thread, i used lovells h/d springs all round and lovells new front struts and shocks. So far I am very happy with the results but would like a little less lift. Overall i have recieved about 80-85mm of lift over standard.

Total cost was $750 plus what ever the charge is to install. I bought the gear through craig at suspensionstuff.com.au (from the outerlimits forum).
    NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Holy crap is that ever high!!

Might be an excuse to put an ARB bar on to get it down a bit!
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

It is high but it will settle over time I bet. Looks good though...really wish we could get the SWB over here....argghhh
      03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

The rear wheels look like they tow in a bit is that just an illusion? have you got the wheel alignment done?
        ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Hi Grant and Pajero People.

I sold the 2" lift Lovells suspension to Grant. Grant was one of very first people to run the Pajero Struts, he got them fresh off the boat. I am interested in how the struts and shocks are going. They are great value compared to the alternative.

Anyway, I would like to clear up a couple of things because I have received a few strange emails from people who think they are going to get an 85mm lift from Lovells suspension. It was strange until I found out where they were getting it from. Here.

Grant plans to get a bull bar, winch and dual batteries on the front and a 90 Litre axillary tank and plans to tow a camper trailer so this is what Grant's suspension has been set up for. Once these accessories are fitted, Grant's SWB will of course settle down to a much lower height, most probably to 50mm above standard once he gets a chance give the suspension a hiding in the bush.

I don't recommend to anyone to get these heavy duty coils without accessories otherwise your ride will be a bit on the rough side as Grant's will be until he fits his planned accessories.

Something you also have to take into consideration is that your current coils are most likely already sagged and the aftermarket coils are desigened to lift you a certain height from standard. Not from you current sagged coils.

Another thing I would like to clear up is some people think they can estimate what height their LWB Pajero is going to sit from how high Grants SWB sits but they are totally different coils so you can't compare.

The last thing I wanted to clear up is my name is Shane but I will answer to Craig if you want.

As Grant has said you can find me at www.suspensionstuff.com.au or 0409 593 414 and I would appreciate your business. By the way I sell quite a few different brands so I am not Lovells biased. If all you Pajero people formed a mob and said that all their Lovells coils are too high then I stand corrected and would delete Lovells from my Pajero range or at least give a warning. The web site is not finished and won't be for years so you won't find everything I sell on there.

Thanks for reading
          Shane.
          Suspension Stuff
          Servicing the 4WD community.
          Free freight to anywhere in Victoria and NSW.

Comment

Hi Shane,

Do you sell Koni's or know anything about them? They are quite expensive and I would like to know how they justify the price.....are they any good?

I'm after a shock that will lessen the harshness of the Pajero's IFS over pot holes, corrugations and at low speed - although this may be a factor of the IFS and short spring travel when compared to live axle vehicles I've owned before.

I've heard Bilsteins are quite firm damping, and are great for towing, but maybe not as good for ride comfort as others? What's your thoughts?

Is the monotube Bilstein shock really more advanced than a well engineered twin tube?
            NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for the error shane, dont know why I wrote craig.....

You are very much correct with your predictions on my paj. I have travelled about 5000kms since the suspension was installed and have noticed a definate improvement in the ride quality once it settled down a bit. I did not notice the ride to be too harsh initially as I generally carry a fair bit of weight in the paj or tow a fair bit, but it definately improved. I have done a couple weekends away with a fully loaded trailer and all the bits, and I must say that shane has recommended products that have suited me perfectly. I guess what works on my application may not be ideal for someone else.

Thanks Shane i appreciate the help and helping out the forum members. Hopefully you can get some business from here as you looked after me 100%.

Comment

Grant, are you running Lovell's on the NL SWB.

Just wondering what the ride quality and rear travel is like, as I'm thinking of going for a complete overhaul with a Lovell spring and torsion, with a bilstein or koni shock combination. I'm currently running OME gear all round which is shagged.

Cheers,
                Jayden
                NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

My old NL shorty ran king springs and rancho 9000 shocks. Found that combo to be really good. Bit rolly, when shocks were set soft, as it had body lift and no swaybars. Once the rear swaybar was replaced, and shocks adjusted, and 33's were on it drove like stock. A mate of mine owns it now and it still performs as well as it did when I owned it.

Comment

I think that the way this car is set up is an absolute joke

Raising the centre of gravity by several inches in such a quick car could get you killed. I would suggest you fit a full roll cage as well or perhaps some lead ballast blocks under the floorpan......

Seriously, I hope that when the other gear is bolted down that it comes down a bit !
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
                    1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

LOL.

I would hate you to see my Range Rover then with 4" lift, 35" tyres and a high comp 4.6l V8, I guess that would be sheer stupidity! Lucky it's fully engineered I guess.

A 3" lift is nothing compared to the Nissans and Toymotors which have 5-6" spring lifts and if the shocks and springs are matched correctly then it is likely to handle better than a stock suspension.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I guess its fine in a straight line .........

How much lead ballast did your fully qualified engineer bolt ON ??

Or did he widen the wheelbase instead ? I guess he did if you have aftermarket tyres which would help.......

I have noticed the stock NS suspension has softened up a little over 12000 kms, so i will definitely be looking for better shocks in a year or so... not sure about the springs but i will think about it. 1-2" lift max for me though. And i guess an aux fuel tank will ballast pretty well
                        Last edited by macguru; 28-11-07, 07:05 PM.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew

1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

macguru

I am sure you opinion has some merret.

I have only owned 9 built swb pajeros and used them off road for the last 15 years and have never had any issues with them being "unsafe" from suspension lift. I modify my vehicles to suit my applications. I know they work and handle very safely and most times better than standard.

Oh, i would not classify the shorty as a "quick" car. If you were searching for a quick car then you certainly wouldnt buy a paj. Stick to the evo for that.

Maybe I should lower my next one to compare its offroadability...

Each to there own.

Comment

hmm not sure what a merret is but since you have had 9 pajeros and i have had only had 3 i will try to keep an open mind. Thinking more about it , if you add the mass of an aux tank & bullbar 2-3 inches should be ok , but personally i will limit my changes to 2 inches max when the time comes, initially i may only upgrade the shocks & thats a year away.

Not a quick car , hmm. cornering is great compared to any other 4wd i've driven (i cant afford a rangie turbo or cayenne ), but compared with a 4 cyl pajero or nissan patrol, its a sports car !
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by macguru View Post
                              I think that the way this car is set up is an absolute joke

Raising the centre of gravity by several inches in such a quick car could get you killed. I would suggest you fit a full roll cage as well or perhaps some lead ballast blocks under the floorpan......

Seriously, I hope that when the other gear is bolted down that it comes down a bit !
                              NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X