Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Qualifying' for 5 year warranty

Hi All,

Don't know if anyone else has come across this issue..

A few weeks ago we got a letter from MMA saying we had to take our Paj into the dealer so it could be inspected to qualify for the next two years on the warranty. AFAIK if we serviced it correctly then the full warranty would be a given. Why would it have to 'qualify' for the next two years?

So we booked it in and today, according the the service manager, part of the terms and conditions of the 5yr warranty was that after three years they decided if it would qualify. He wasn't sure what would disqualify a vehcle though I can imagine the arguments if it came to that!

They went over it, topped up the oil, put it up on the hoist and said 'yep it is good for another two years warranty'.

So next time you are in at a dealer ask them if you have 'qualified' for the full 5 years and see what they say....

Cheers

Sounds like crap to me... but it's in the fine print here. NP only stated 5 years...

http://toowongmitsubishi.com.au/warr...tage_terms.php

but mma site - nothing:
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...-105-year.aspx

Australia's Best New Car Warranty
    @*$#
    We wouldn't be offering a warranty like this if we didn't have faith in the reliability of every new Mitsubishi. Every vehicle comes with a 10-year or 160,000km (whichever comes first) Powertrain Warranty, a 5-year or 130,000km (whichever comes first) New Vehicle Warranty and a 5-year Perforation Corrosion Warranty.
    @*$#
    10 year or 160,000km* Powertrain Warranty
    Mitsubishi's 10 year or 160,000km* Powertrain Warranty also applies on the following components:

Engine

Turbo charger

Water pump

Engine transmission mounts

Transmission/transaxle (auto/manual)

4WD transfer case

Propeller shaft

Drive shafts and axles

Differential
    @*$#
    5 year or 130,000km* Factory Warranty

Bumper to bumper 5 year or 130,000km* Factory Warranty

Applies to all new passenger and light commercial vehicles

Fully transferable to new owners inside the warranty period.
    @*$#
    Click here to view full details of warranty terms, conditions and exclusions, or alternatively see your nearest Mitsubishi Dealer or call our Customer Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11. @*$#
    @*$#
    *10 year or 160,000km Powertrain Warranty (whichever comes first) (non transferable). 5 year or 130,000km New Vehicle Factory Warranty (whichever comes first). Service conditions apply. See your Dealer for full details.
    Last edited by marquis; 07-04-10, 11:53 PM.
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Extended Warranty

For all I know it is crap, that being said, I have an NP and an NS, both GLX models, we have received these letters for both.

The NP has basic mods: Lovells springs, bilstein shocks and aftermarket underbody protection. Only service by Mitsubishi was 15,000Km and it qualified for the extended warranty.

The NS is bog standard and virtually always been serviced by Mitsubishi, of course it qualified.
      NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Not crap at all. My NT Service & Warranty booklet clearly sets out the "Initial Warranty" period of 3 years from purchase or 130,000kms. "Extended Warranty" refers to 5 years from purchase or 130,000kms. Extended warranty conditions include (in short)

1. The vehicle has not been driven for > 130,000kms
        2. Has been serviced in accordance with Service manual & schedules setout in the booklet during the Initial Warranty period.
        3.The owner notifies NMAL of intention to qualify for the Extended Warranty by competing form in warranty manual and presenting to MM both the vehicle and service manual to MM at some time before during the final 6 months of the Initial Warranty.

This was all made very clear to me at the when I went to pick the vehicle up (nat at the point of sale) It was included in the "Delivery speech"

Comment

My 3 yr initial period expires this July so was planning on taking it in in the next few weeks. I have read the warranty crap and it states the same as Ris stated, that being that within the last 6 months of the first 3 yr warranty period, the vehicle log book is to be signed by a dealership to "extend" the warranty out to the 5 yr stated period.

I purchased mine 2nd hand so would also be interested to see what they say about the warranty decision. Can you disqualify someone from the warranty if the previous owner was a cock and treated the car like crap and didnt service it at a dealership? I think not.

Does seem crap that they advertise it as a 5 yr warranty but could then cancel that and only make it 3/130,000. Would like to see that decision stand up in Court!! The ACCC would have a field day.
          SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
          2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

I bought my NS 'brand new' with 20,000km on the clock and 18 months after it had first been registered. It was an ex-MMA company vehicle and so they treat me as the 'first' real owner. I contacted MMA to confirm I would get the balance of the 5/10 warranty as normally only the 5 yr part is transferable to a subsequent owner. Not only did they transfer it, but they reset the 5/10 warranty from when I took delivery (Jan 2009 for a 2007 model). They didn't reset the odometer though. Through the process (direct with MMA as the dealer was useless) I asked what I need to do to maintain the waranty. They said I only need to get it serviced once in a calendar year at an authorised Mitsi dealer, other than that it can be serviced by any qualified mechanic. But they made no mention of taking it back after 3 years to qualify, I'll have to go and check the manual.
            2007 NS VRX Auto DID. Factory alloy bullbar. Narva 225 HID's. TJM Airtec Snorkel. Piranha Dual Battery system. Factory towbar. ICOM 440 UHF. 2" Bilstein/Lovell lift kit. Bushskinz sump guard and rock sliders.

Comment

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...erms300605.pdf

Provided that:
              • the Vehicle has not been driven a distance exceeding 130,000 kilometres;
              • the Vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the Service Schedules set out in this Manual at the specified servicing
              intervals during the Initial Warranty period ; and
              • the owner notifies MMAL of the owner’s intention to qualify for the Extended Warranty by completing the Extended Warranty
              Registration Validation section set out in this Manual and presenting the Vehicle with the Service and Warranty Book at an
              Authorised Mitsubishi Service Centre at some time during the final 6 months of the Initial Warranty,
              MMAL will extend the Initial Warranty for the period commencing upon the expiry of the Initial Warranty and expiring 24 months
              (2 years) later, or until the Vehicle has been driven a distance exceeding 130,000 kilometres in total (whichever occurs first)
              (“Extended Warranty”). The extended Warranty is subject to the Vehicle continuing to be serviced in accordance with the
              Service Schedules set out in this Manual at the specified servicing intervals for the duration of the Extended Warranty.
              The Extended Warranty does not apply to accessories or equipment manufactured or supplied by MMAL or to any items
              excluded from the scope of the Initial Warranty.

--------------
              Well you have to take it to a dealer within 6 months of the end of the 3 year periodto have it extended.

If you don't have it extended YOU LOSE YOUR EXTENDED 5 YEAR POWER TRAIN WARRANTY (10 years / 160,000km).

Does not state that it has to be serviced by MMA.

Looks like it's always been there... I was never told about it with the NP
              Last edited by marquis; 08-04-10, 09:38 AM.
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Rang my local dealer today about this extended warranty BS and they said all I have to do is to drop in and they will check the odometer reading ,I then sign a form which is then forwarded to Mitsubishi.
                2007 DID AUTO

Comment

are waaranties transferrable to new owners, iwas under the impression that they were not.

I am the 2nd owner of my NP & it now as 80k on it.

Am I covered by the original factroy warranty??
                  NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Originally posted by capemanifold View Post
                    Rang my local dealer today about this extended warranty BS and they said all I have to do is to drop in and they will check the odometer reading ,I then sign a form which is then forwarded to Mitsubishi.
                    That's what my dealer did. Pretty easy process.
                    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Reiceved letter from MM re 3 year check for extended 5 year front to back warranty.
                      I contacted my dealer and as all service had been done by them the book was rubber stamped and MM notified at next service.
                      Dealer also gave extra 3 years front to back warranty eg 8 years when I purchased my NS DID Auto as long as one sevice per year was done by them giving 8years front to back and 10 years on drive train.
                      I think MM are within their rights to ensure the vehicle has been serviced according to their book by a Dealer or qualified service shops eg MTA.
                      Small price to pay for a great warranty.
                      Look at all advertised warrantys and in the small print always ! "conditions apply"
                      robeggy

Comment

Ian - yep the current warranty does transfer to the second and subsequent owners. Inside the servicebook there should be a form that you can forward to MMA so they have you on the books as the current owner....

Ours had 38k on it when we bought it and that was one of the reasons we chose a Pajero - it would have a further three years warranty even if bought privately.

Comment

Originally posted by AGOR View Post
                          Ian - yep the current warranty does transfer to the second and subsequent owners. Inside the servicebook there should be a form that you can forward to MMA so they have you on the books as the current owner....

Ours had 38k on it when we bought it and that was one of the reasons we chose a Pajero - it would have a further three years warranty even if bought privately.
                          great news thanks very much
                          NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Interesting, I had no notification at 3 years.
                            At around 4.5 years when the dealer told me that according to their system warranty was going to expire at 120,000k I mentioned thinking it was 130,000k. They checked with Mitsu and it was. No paperwork involving me at any point in time.
                            Possibly because I bought the Paj from them and apart from once, all servicing has been with them.
                            Peter
                            2018 Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Landrover Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

shit ..just read this thread... the car Ive just bought..has not been registered for the final two years of the warranty...im the third owner and have missed the cut off by 4 months. as the warranty started on the 7/2/07 so it would have had to be registered on February this year

....what a shiter...as I bought the car believing i still had just under two years of new car warranty left....it has full Mitsubishi service history too!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X