Finally - B Bar and Suspension!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - B Bar and Suspension!

Well, its been a wait however this Friday will see the ARB bull bar (Colour coded) and Tough Dog suspension kit (50mm lift - ajustable shocks) go on the Paj!

the in cab electronic ajuster kit iscoming at a later date.

Will try to get before and after shots for the group.
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Wicked! Can't wait to see the pics.

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

Comment

So???????

Did it get installed?
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Where the pics at??....
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I feel like I should offer a an explinaion, but as i write I get annoyed. anyway. Well Thrsday the Paj eveloped a 'Drone' at about 2,000-2200rpm to point of being undrivable. Off to the dealer. "Wow - not sure what that is, we had better keep it check it out"

Well thats were the paj still is! "Still looking for the source". Part of muffler replaced so far.

Anyway - its booked in for this Friday. HID spotties will also go on this weekend!
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

I think you better take "ARB Bullbar" off you signiture.......you know its never going to happen.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Its in the shop! bout Bloody time.

ANyway - got some quick shots of Paj before surgury - If I knew how to post I would? Do I have to host them online some where?

Will pick this afternoon or in the morning and take some 'after' shots, and provide a summary on the suspension upgrade.

PS Didnt get the 'Drone/trans buzz' probem fixed....MM know about it and are working on it. people who sit on 110kms or there about are the only that come back and mention the problem apparently. My dealer has 2 Pajs with the complaint. have rplaced he the front muffler and pipe - it seems to only fix the problems for a short time...so who knows. I know its annoying!!!!

Comment

Hi Proudy,
                It will be good to see the pics.

Here is a link on how to post pics written by HookedOn4wding.
                http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=965

Cheers

Josh
                * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Hope this works???

Basic photos at the moment (with phone camera) - havnt got much time. Although it doesnot look it - the back is up about 60-70mm (not the 50mt quoted) - to high I feel although after driving it may drop a little.

The bar is great! Sorry about the dirt and dust! Will get better pics when I can - and close upds of the shocks etc. the Tough Dog Shocks seem good - better feel/take up of bumps on hte road......only tried 2 settings 1 (soft...bloody soft!) and 4 not bad - softer than factory for sure, will have a run at 5 and 6 which may suit the road better. Definatly getting the in cab ajustment kit.....its hard getting to the dials on the bottom of the shocks!-as mentioned will get more photos when I can.

Comment

costs?

Hi Proudy,
                    Firstly congratulations! I'm sure you'll have lot's of fun with the Paj. It does look good.

By the we'd love to hear more info if you don't mind. I am interested to know the costs as well, with / without the in-cab control. I was a the 4WD fishing show (Sydney) a week ago and got a $1,200 (approx) quote from Tough dog on their 5cm comfort/ light duty suspension kit upgrade (incl. installation), but unfortunately haven't budgetted that for 2007

What's the lift in front? 7cm is far too high for my thought, I hope as you said, it will sink a little more in not a too distant future.

My preference is, if at all available, an increase of 5cm or less. This is purely to have a slightly higher position, compensate for some weight (no heavy loading) including when lowering the tyre pressures etc. I am prepared to drive slower in the corner (although a "moose" test would always be a problem for taller cars).

I drive an NP and will keep the car for 4-5 years more so the idea of more comfortable suspension interests me.

Thanks and once again, have fun
                    Jonathan

Comment

Looking good.

The back will settle down for sure over the next few months. What was the lift on the front? I guess with the bar it would be down to about 50mm if the back is 70mm.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
                        PS Didnt get the 'Drone/trans buzz' probem fixed....MM know about it and are working on it. people who sit on 110kms or there about are the only that come back and mention the problem apparently. My dealer has 2 Pajs with the complaint. have rplaced he the front muffler and pipe - it seems to only fix the problems for a short time...so who knows. I know its annoying!!!!
                        I think this drone/buzz is what I experience in mine - I thought I'd fixed it (thought it was the coolant pipe at the back of the engine touching the firewall as per one of my threads), but no, its still there.

I hear it at 2200rpm intermittently, but at 3200rpm its very audible and constant! My bet its the heatshields around the DPF and Catalytic converter - I'm going to pull them out on the weekend and drive it round the block to see if that cures it.

If its them, I'll isolate them from the body with some fireproof material (Kevlar cloth or something like that) before screwing them back on.

I'm not convinced its the catalytic converter/downpipe, but rather I believe its just something resonating at a certain frequency - most likely a heat shield.

You'd think if it was internal to the cat or downpipe then it would resonate dependent on exhaust flow rather rate rather than engine speed (ie high revs, low load - less or same exhaust when compared with lower revs, high load).
                        NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
                          I think this drone/buzz is what I experience in mine - I thought I'd fixed it (thought it was the coolant pipe at the back of the engine touching the firewall as per one of my threads), but no, its still there.

I hear it at 2200rpm intermittently, but at 3200rpm its very audible and constant! My bet its the heatshields around the DPF and Catalytic converter - I'm going to pull them out on the weekend and drive it round the block to see if that cures it.

If its them, I'll isolate them from the body with some fireproof material (Kevlar cloth or something like that) before screwing them back on.

I'm not convinced its the catalytic converter/downpipe, but rather I believe its just something resonating at a certain frequency - most likely a heat shield.

You'd think if it was internal to the cat or downpipe then it would resonate dependent on exhaust flow rather rate rather than engine speed (ie high revs, low load - less or same exhaust when compared with lower revs, high load).
                          Just for anyone else experiencing this drone or buzz at 2200rpm or 3200rpm (Diesel Auto).....I can report its definitely the heatshield behind the catalytic converter resonating.

I pulled the Catalytic Converter out last weekend and removed the screws that hold on the heatshield directly above it. Before screwing it back on, I placed a metal washer between the body and the heatshield, to lift the heatshield away from the body a little. Now the body only makes contact with the surface of the washer, and not the metal contact patch of the heatshield surrounding the screw hole. This seems to have fixed the problem for good thankfully! I also did the same thing with the heatshield behind the turbo charger.

NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
                            I also did the same thing with the heatshield behind the turbo charger.
                            I'm amazed how loudly the heatshield behind the Turbo resonates, especially if you flick the forward-most part with your finger-nail.

My plan is to glue some lead flashing to the back of it using Silicon adhesive (it can take hundreds of degrees).
                            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X