No announcement yet.

MAP Sensor replacement NS Pajero Auto di-d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so.. can anyone give some appx readings for me to compare & perhaps anyone else in future need.
    My Launch Creader 3001 shows:
    Ect 77c-88c but usually 83c steady drives 20-23c ambient
    Map 1-2psi @ idle to 15.5psi max also varies with speed & auto gear dropping down etc when foot down 3/4 to full throttle
    (sometimes auto box kick down seems lazy)
    MAF : 13-17g/s idle ac on/off few grams difference. Max seen is around 160g/s
    Fuel rail pressure : 29-30k upto & inc 35k with AC on. Max around 200k appx
    IAT 23-45c ambient 20-23c on easy drives upto 45c uphill steephills iirc
    CAT Temp 180-225c at idle have seen it get upto 525c uphill no load & gets to 440c no load on freeway at 95-100klmh
    To anyone who can share to compare it would be very much appreciated!
    thx Mat

Comment

Map sensor to ecu wiring harness. Looked at partsouq etc & can’t find the wiring harnes from map sensor to ecu. Anyone know where I can get it from ?

Comment

Mates: I have noted your inlet air temperatures. They seem to be low. I have a NW, and the IAT is generally at least 20 Deg C higher than ambient. OK - my NW has 125000 km on it, with no catch can, so the intercooler may be choked with oil, and also I have a Bushskinz bash plate which blocks a lot of air externally to the cooler.

Engine Coolant temp normally 87 - 88 Deg C, have seen it as high as 96 Deg C under extreme load. Inlet air temp was then 115 Deg C, boost was 18 psi for an extended period (about 5 minutes) towing my caravan up a long, very steep hill. Note that these figures are for a NW Pajero, which is different to yours, but your Inlet Air Temps are a lot lower than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by matcs View Post
          Map sensor to ecu wiring harness. Looked at partsouq etc & can’t find the wiring harnes from map sensor to ecu. Anyone know where I can get it from ?
          It's probably joined up with other ones.
          You could visually inspect it, and use a multimeter to test between connectors
          2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

Be careful with non-genuine MAP Sensors. I had one that wasn't returning the correct readings that the factory ECU is expecting and it kept throwing it into limp mode.

MM item number is MI1865A035 and its $350.

MAP sensors are always getting clogged but I'd get some electrical contact spray to start with which you can get from Autobahn or Super Cheap Auto and give it a clean along with the tube that connects to it as well as that is another culprit to limp mode too.

Comment

Hi matcs

when you were cleaning the pips etc around the map sensor, did you poke a wire down the tube into the manifold, maybe
              if you had the manifold cleaning there might be a small piece of gunk lodge itself there.

Trisome
              2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone!
                @ erad the intake temps changed alot after a solid MAF sensor clean, new air filter & fuel filter was done.
                I actually had it idling with front & rear ac on high for about 15mins to warm up after these things were done & had noticed the fuel filter plunger/primer felt more solid after filter changed (had pre-filled filter before screwing on, so less air)
                when i went for a drive it had felt like it gained much better aceleration n boost performance and I understood what people say by “it pulls like a train” albeit not towing or carrying any extra weight! It was boosting throughout revs up a nearby steep windy hill with AC on & tyres would chirp if i gave it 1/2-3/4 throttle after bend. Then after a couple of drives it felt like it was resorting back to around 85% power with gear holds & linear high boost faded off again.. still better than originally felt but why ??

@rgrubby I have to get my tension headache to go away before trying to multimeter test again lol. I hate electronics because they just seem too confusing to my brain no matter what I read or try to get a grip of.. I usually find a lot of contradictions which confuse my poor head more😩 but i’ll continue to try push through! Thx
                @ Trisome all pipes are clear & hold vacuum with no pressure loss and map to maniflod teet is clear as can be! thx
                I put a new piece of vac line from manifold vac port/teet to map sensor (NT upgrade manifold/s on mine) just to be sure there isn’t a small leak when heated up & no difference to be noted.
                actuators for swirl valve & turbo pull in with vacuum & hold pressure too.
                boost solenoid vac lines hold vac pressure to with no loss seen but I would’nt know if solenoid plays up when on the move…
                Anyone able to tell me how long the primary on fuel filter holds solid pressure for ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoshIoku
                  Be careful with non-genuine MAP Sensors. I had one that wasn't returning the correct readings that the factory ECU is expecting and it kept throwing it into limp mode.

MM item number is MI1865A035 and its $350.

MAP sensors are always getting clogged but I'd get some electrical contact spray to start with which you can get from Autobahn or Super Cheap Auto and give it a clean along with the tube that connects to it as well as that is another culprit to limp mode too.
                  Hey Josh, sorry I didn’t answer with others. The one I bought is that p/n & does have Denso & no’s in very small scribed print on top of sensor.
                  Of course even new can be faulty but new or old no difference so wiring &/or ecu could be playing up.
                  Thx

Comment

If you are talking about the last switch back going up that hill I turn ASC off as I approach it to prevent ASC from cutting power halfway around the bend. But mine is a SWB.

Comment

hey Bruce!
                      does it cut power on u due to tilt/sway angles wheel speeds etc ?
                      Iv turnt it off previously to test but didn’t help..
                      I can acelerate up there now even with ac on and haven’t had the slow for corner back on pedal very gradual pickup again touch wood!
                      so atleast there is a gain had.
                      I’ll try the asc off again when going up there next time.
                      thx
                      Btw do u have a manual (no dpf) or auto (with dpf) ?
                      Last edited by matcs; 1 week ago.

Comment

hey Bruce!
                        I can acelerate up there now even with ac on and haven’t had the slow for corner back on pedal very gradual pickup again touch wood!
                        thx
                        Being a SWB on that last bend it tends to lift the left rear wheel off the ground so the ASC activates and cuts power for a couple of seconds. Have you tried in 4H?

I do take a very tight line on that corner as too many dingbats tend to cut it coming down (if they aren't going to fast and take out the safety fence.) I change gears manually from the last bend up and easy hit 50k well before the top.

How do you find Lapstone Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi
                          hey Bruce!
                          thx
                          Being a SWB on that last bend it tends to lift the left rear wheel off the ground so the ASC activates and cuts power for a couple of seconds. Have you tried in 4H?

I do take a very tight line on that corner as too many dingbats tend to cut it coming down (if they aren't going to fast and take out the safety fence.) I change gears manually from the last bend up and easy hit 50k well before the top.

How do you find Lapstone Hill?
                          Ah ok got ya! Traction & stability etc kicks in.
                          I have gone up in 4h not too long ago but iirc it felt the same. Some do some how smash in the amco rail 🤦‍♂️
                          And I had witnessed someone gently drive into it lol like they were not sure if they really want to go down because its alittle steep or something..
                          Iv driven manually & in auto mode with mixed results. Sometimes car previously did’nt care if I used manual shift or auto when it decided to act like 20klm/h was it with fan roaring & no throttle or gear change input made a difference but atm its been going up pretty well.
                          Lapstone hill has usually been fine when im going up but I don’t like the 110klm/h then 90klm/h to 70klm/h so im usually not without up/down gear changes in auto. But for the most part i “could” stick at 100 upto the 70k zone if I was to attempt that. It should be 100klm/h to there i reckon.
                          What do u think ?
                          U go up fine ?

Comment

I have gone up in 4h not too long ago but iirc it felt the same. Some do some how smash in the amco rail 🤦‍♂️
                            And I had witnessed someone gently drive into it lol like they were not sure if they really want to go down because its alittle steep or something..
                            Iv driven manually & in auto mode with mixed results. Sometimes car previously did’nt care if I used manual shift or auto when it decided to act like 20klm/h was it with fan roaring & no throttle or gear change input made a difference but atm its been going up pretty well.
                            Lapstone hill has usually been fine when im going up but I don’t like the 110klm/h then 90klm/h to 70klm/h so im usually not without up/down gear changes in auto. But for the most part i “could” stick at 100 upto the 70k zone if I was to attempt that. It should be 100klm/h to there i reckon.
                            What do u think ?
                            U go up fine ?
                            I manually drop back to 4th about halfway up, Still doing 90 at the 70 sign, drop back to around 70 and manually go up to 5th. Seen a few vehicles into the left wall on the right hander. Saw one dick do a 360 in the wet 3 cars ahead of me. I've also seen a semi into the same wall. I give others a wide berth on that bend.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi

What do u think ?
                              U go up fine ?
                              I manually drop back to 4th about halfway up, Still doing 90 at the 70 sign, drop back to around 70 and manually go up to 5th. Seen a few vehicles into the left wall on the right hander. Saw one dick do a 360 in the wet 3 cars ahead of me. I've also seen a semi into the same wall. I give others a wide berth on that bend.
                              Yeah fair enough. Those corners in the wet are very dicey!
                              Never know if they oil or fuel dropped on them. Same OB!
                              I always take it cautiously up/down in those spots when wet.
                              I figure your using manual shift so it doesn’t hop into 5th ?

Comment

Yep. Manual shift.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X