JMi's New Pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMi's New Pajero

Well i finally picked up my new NS last night. I didn't think it was ever going to happen, but i am glad it did.
    I have hardly got out of it

I got the day off work today so i am going to go over to NSW to visit some family and give them a look, plus run it in a bit. Will be a slow trip adjusting speed/revs all the way, but i have all day.

My tax cheque came yesterday as well so looks like that new bull bar wont be very far away at all, just have to decide which one to get

Well time to hit the road, i'll report back in on monday when i get back.

Have a good weekend all.

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

Well i got back from my run in trip on sunday arvo, the NS went better then i ever could have expected.
    Fuel eco was around 9.1-9.3 which i was very happy with.
    The ride is great, you dont even notice the bumps, a pleasure to drive (compared to my old rodeo anyway )

I have now done 1,500kms so she will go in for its first service/checkup.

I will get a smartbar fitted in the next couple of weeks as well. I'll post some pics when i have that done. Then i have to mount my spot lights and find somewhere to put the UHF. Might have to get one with the controls on the mic and mount the unit under the dash or seat.

Anyway in all in all, very happy and dont regret buying the NS.

Cheers
    * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Sounds great jmi, I can't wait to get ours next month! What colour did you get?
      Sandgroper.
      NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Originally posted by jmi View Post
        I will get a smartbar fitted in the next couple of weeks as well. I'll post some pics when i have that done. Then i have to mount my spot lights and find somewhere to put the UHF. Might have to get one with the controls on the mic and mount the unit under the dash or seat.

Hi jmi, Good to see someone else getting the smartbar. I feel a lot more confident with it on, but haven't seen many roos yet. I got the GME TX3440, with the controls on the mic. Wasn't cheap at about $450, and they mounted the unit under the dash so its out of the way. No problems with the volume. The only thing is mounting the handset. I am going to mount it to the left of that compartment thingy which is below the a/c controls. BUT the double sided tape I've tried doesn't stick, and I don't want to drill holes yet.

Anyway, enjoy, Mike
        NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikens View Post
          Hi jmi, Good to see someone else getting the smartbar. I feel a lot more confident with it on, but haven't seen many roos yet. I got the GME TX3440, with the controls on the mic. Wasn't cheap at about $450, and they mounted the unit under the dash so its out of the way. No problems with the volume. The only thing is mounting the handset. I am going to mount it to the left of that compartment thingy which is below the a/c controls. BUT the double sided tape I've tried doesn't stick, and I don't want to drill holes yet.

Anyway, enjoy, Mike
          Mike you might want to try out these guys. http://www.neovox.com/

Subi_man gave me the idea when he was fitting his to his Triton.

Mike

Comment

This is a little more specific. http://www.kioskcommunications.com.a...id=36&mid=1052

Comment

Hi Guys,
              Mikens - I got the white, a bit boring, but doesn't show the dust or scratches as much.
              I didn't think the TX3440 would be cheap, but GME seem to be pretty good, i have a couple of other sets which were my fathers and have been in old bush bashers and they never miss a beat. So IMO you are getting your money worth.

Endorphin - Those clips look the go, pretty expensive for a bit of plastic, but better than drilling holes as Mickens said.

I'll go and order the smartbar after work today. They tell me you can get a few different colours in them now, i'll think i will get the black as it will go best with the white.

Cheers

Josh
              * Pajero now sold!

Comment

One thing i have found a real pain in the neck is the speedo giving false readings. Going by my gps its a good 6-7kms hr.

I'll see what they can do when it goes in for a service.
                * Pajero now sold!

Comment

G'day JMI, congrats on the new wheels. It's good to see another GLX DID Manual on the forum. I was beginning to get a bit lonely.

I also have the white so we have the same car! Certainly doesn't show the scratches/dust as much.

Looking forward to seeing some photos once you get the SmartBar.
                  2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

To get double sided tape to stick, give the spot a wipe with some metho.
                    The plastic has an oily finish that doesn't work with double sided tape.
                    John C AKA oldplodder

1996 LWB - 2.8l turbo diesel

too many extras to list, who cares anyway,
                    when they get a bit older just grateful it still goes OK.

Comment

First 4wd Trip - Coffin Bay

Hi All,
                      Well i have hooked up an Uniden UH015sx UHF (pics on the way), and i was very happy with the end result, just waiting on my smartbar now so i can mount the antenna.

I have also just got back from a 3 day trip to Coffin Bay National Park, a very nice place to visit.
                      The NS preformed very well, going anywhere i wanted her to go.
                      Had to recover a poor bugga in an outlander, the middle of the track was too high for it and it just sat there on it belly.
                      All in all still very happy with the NS, one thing that i did find is that when you turn ASC off, traction control still stays on, but as it turned out i reckon it helped a lot when you come to a sticky situation when your only in 2wd.
                      Stability Control on the other hand was a bit of a pain in the sand, so i turned that off every time i was in sand.

For those that are interested, here are some of the pics that i took of the trip.
                      http://users.on.net/~josh_miller/Cof...Bay/index.html

I'll post some pics soon of the UHF if i can get some good ones.

Cheers

Josh
                      * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Josh what a great set of photos ,thanks for sharing them and what an awesome spot .Makes me want to go and pack the the camping gear into the my Paj right away ....scott
                        2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Great photos Josh!
                          Last edited by Eastie; 14-01-08, 07:09 AM.
                          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Cheers Scott, Eastie.

Well here are finally a couple of pics of the Uniden. My car still needs a bit more of a clean from the weekend so dont look too close at the pics.

I put the face under the hand break, fits pretty nicely in there without too many problems at all. Plently of clearance between in and the break. I mounted it here with some double sided tape.

With the mic i bought a plastic GME mic clip (as it was better suited than the metal one i got with it) and glued a piece of plastic to the back, once that was dry i stuck it to the dash with some more double sided tape.

They both hold really well and done look like moving at all.
                            The controls are pretty easy to get to, changing channel is easy, once you know which side the knob is and what channel you are on, you can just count between channels.
                            I nornally dont change channel once i get going so taking my eyes off the road isn't an issue for me. You can see the channel no probs aswell (the break doesn't get in the way).

I'm more than happy with this setup, nothing gets in the way, and i didn't have to drill any holes in the dash.

I had a ph call from auto pro yesterday and they said that my smartbar was here (went for the winch bar which was meant to take 4 weeks, but took about 2, so i am more than happy atm).
                            So she goes in next Wednesday to be fitted.

I will post some pics when the bar is on. Can't wait!

Cheers

Josh
                            Attached Files
                            * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Well she goes in tomorrow to get the smartbar fitted.
                              Then i have to mount the UHF antenna and my spot lights.

I also have a roof rack on its way. Its only a cheapie seeing as i will only need it once and a while, so i am not too worried if it is noisy, i'll just keep it in the shed until i need it.

I'll post some pics tomorrow when the bar is on.

Cheers.
                              * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X