Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWB Towing Ability

HI All,
    I'm currently looking at the NS SWB (TD) which i have fallen in love with. Its small size and reasonably large towing capacity makes it appealing.

I'm looking at towing a boat with this car realtively short distances, yet the boat loaded on trailer weighs in at about 2200-2300kgs. This is within the rating of the SWB yet i am interested in hearing if any of you have towed much with a SWB, and how you have found it?

Thanks for your time!

Pete
    2007 NS SWB X DiD

I have towed a 6m platey about 2500kg without any dramas. I knew it was there and the swb tended to be "rocked" around by it but nothing that would ever prevent me towing again. It was not a long distance tow, but there was a small amount of highway driving as well. Hope this helps.
    NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Comment

I tow a trailer to work and back everyday. Loaded anywhere from 1 ton to 2.5ton and sometimes more. haha. tows fine! just make sure its in 4H (all wheel drive). The only problems you have when towing a boat is pulling it up the boat ramp. The angle and lack of grip sometimes you need a heavy car. But the pajero weighs 2ton plus you plus anyone else plus downward hitch weight.

You should have no dramas! Ive got a V6 as well. the diesels are ment to be better for towing. Thats if you dont have any PDF problems or what ever these poor boys are having trouble with.
      ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Thanks everyone, sounds like i should be fine! I will hopefully test drive a SWB next week....
        2007 NS SWB X DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X