Rear A/c Blower Motor Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear A/c Blower Motor Noise

HI ALL , went down to Bungonia a couple of weekends ago to a mate`s property and decided to go on a short trip down the road to a swimming hole about 45 mins away.The main road was a series of sealed and heavily corrigated surfaces. After hitting the first stretch of corrigated road ( of about 3km`s in legnth ) I hit a large pot hole and the rear A/C blower motor developed an instant serious noise like a stick had been caught in the blower blades. Has anyone had this happen ? and does anyone know where the motor draws the air in from ( i`m assuming it`s from inside the cabin rather than from anywhere external ). THANKS in advance , Jason.
    2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Would not be surprised - I have to clean the front blower fan every 6 months.
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

I`m not so sure that it is a stick or rock fouling anything because the noise instantly appeared as soon as the front wheels crashed over the pot hole.

Comment

The rear aircon air intake is inside, but not directly beind the louvres that are visible in the luggage compartment.

If it is the aircon fan and it has been damaged by hitting a bump in the road, then it is faulty.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Thanks Mike , it would seem that way. Looks like it`s off to the dealer - again - it`s been there for the DPF problem 6 times ( only purchased in June ) , not having a good time of it with this car , seems to spend more time in the workshop than anything.

Comment

Well we had it looked at by the dealer and he told me that it was leaves and sticks in the motor intake which was a suprise to me as i thought the rear blower motor pulled the air in from inside the cabin.I was going to question it but he really was very busy with a reception full of customers so i let it go.

Comment

The rear AC intake in my NP is inside the cabin. The unit is sealed from the outside so seems a little strange that sticks / leaves would have made there way inside the unit (assuming the NS / NP rear AC units are the same). Did they replace the unit or just clean it out?
              Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Yep, strange - that`s what I thought,the service manager said they cleaned it out of leaves and sticks.

Comment

You'd have trouble getting leaves and sticks into it even if you tried - the fan intake is below the louvres on the right hand side near the door, but there's a strip of foam that would prevent any leaves falling down if they were stuffed in through the louvres !
                  Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I reckon the motor shifted and the blower blades were hitting the motor housing.The noise began instantly after hitting a pothole on a heavily corrigated road.

Comment

Originally posted by WALLYBURGER View Post
                      I reckon the motor shifted and the blower blades were hitting the motor housing.The noise began instantly after hitting a pothole on a heavily corrigated road.
                      I agree ! If they'd said they had repaired the Aircon, they would be admitting that it wasn't suitable for a vehicle that drives off road.

By blaming it on leaves, they shift the blame to external factors.

Comment

That`s it and the funny thing is that they think you don`t know what your`e on about. Little do they know that I`m a fully licenced mechanic of 10 years experience and my father is a licenced mechanic of 40 years experience ( 10 years of which in mitsubishi dealerships as a service manager )

Comment

Hi all, I had the same concern with the front blower motor so I removed it myself and found it to have one single leaf in it. The noise it was making I would of thought I would have found a whole tree in there. I'm not sure 100% if leaves can enter the rear blower motor but anything is possable these days.

After the dealer cleaned it out was the noise gone?
                          You should be able to see if any parts have been fitted to your car on your invoice, is there a blower motor on your invoice?

When I have had any warranty repairs done (any brand of car) the invoice has showen all the parts replaced and a no charge next to it.

Comment

PajBoy , Yes it may have been so if the front motor had leaves caught in it as it draws air from exterior plenem chamber below the front windscreen but the rear motor draws in air from inside the cabin from behind the plastic trim on the right side rear only.Leaves or sticks can`t get in there.There was no mention of any parts replacement on the invoice.The noise developed instantly after hitting a large pothole.

Comment

How many km on your car? is it possible that it may have had some foreign material in it from new and hitting the pott hole may have cause it to make its way into the fan. Only an idea.

At the end of the day if the noise is gone, its all good.

Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X