Low Profile Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Profile Tyres

Interesting Article in Dec 4x4 Australia re low profile tyres - I was told that low profile tyres were no good offroad by a number of people before I bought the Exceed but never quite understood the logic so stuck with 265/60/18 and changed to GY SA's and have found them to be great at least for what I do.
    Anyway, conclusion in this article - "Tyres down to 60 profile don't have any major off-road capability differences from higher profile tyres, other than a need for lower pressures when on soft sand."
    Interesting.
    Yellowfin
    NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
    Toyota LC200 TD V8
    - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

First time i got stuck on the beach with my Paj i let my 18s down to 10 i was really bogged. i hit the hard stuff and rolled him straight off the rim. It never happened to me with my NH running 31x10.5 R15s. I dont like it. Im changing mine from 18s to 16s as soon as i get the chance. might see if i can get 32x11.5R16s under there.

The main problem i found is that even with the tyres down there wasnt enough flex to clean the tread every rotation.
    ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Yes, I agree. If I could fit 16's on the exceed I would but 17's are the smallest that will fit.
      While low profile tyres will work ok off road and on sand they will give a much rougher/harsher ride.

I priced some Goodyear Silent Armours today. In 265/70-17 size they were $360 each. Has anyone had a better price than that?

I gues it is better than the same tyre in 18" which were $490 ech
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X