Sub Frame Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Frame Lift?

I know a body lift is impossible beacause the body is the chassis. But i have had a few looks under the car and am wondering if anyone has considered lifting the sub frames off the body? as all the side steps and bullbars and tow hitches are bolted to the body it actually looks easier then the one i did to my NH pajero.

The gearbox crossmember would also have to be dropped

Any engineers on here or people that have any ideas

Cheers

Daniel. p.s. just a thought
    ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Hi Daniel,
    There was a guy in (I think) Spain that has done the lift you have been thinking about. I think his was on a NM, as it was a few years ago.
    There was photos linked with the old forum but as yet I haven't been able to find much on it since.
    I know its probably not much help but might keep you thinking;-)

Comment

I wouldn't get in my garage at that height

Intercooler moved on that one too?
      Had a quick look at the foro4x4 site but didn't find the specific thread.
      Peter
      2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

This it's the thread
        http://www.foro4x4.com/foro/index.php?topic=895.0

The japan manufacturer JAOS has an especific kit.
        Regards,

Enric
        Barcelona, Spain
        2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

Do you mean something like this?

Here is the link with some more photos and details.
          http://www.4wdshop.net/mitsubishi/PJ65-P.htm

Unfortunately my Japanese is pathetic but one day I will import this to South Africa for my baby!!

CATs
          2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
          (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
          2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
          2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

I am going to do this with a company in germany....

The shocks have arrived and next week the car goes to him.....

5,00 cm Suspension lift and 5,00cm Bodylift......

so will it be when it?s ready.....

Comment

Wich shocks are you buy for the bodylift?

A mate of mine here in Spain has done the Bodylift in the NM Did and lowered the top support of the rear shocks.
              Regards,

Enric
              Barcelona, Spain
              2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

There are kits as mentioned from OS, but first I'd talk to an engineer as I seriously doubt you'd get it OK'd here. Even if you could, the cost of getting it certified for road worthy would be astronomical..
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

There is a japanese company called AGC (Auto Garage Champ), that makes these lift kits.

Here is their website:
                  http://www.4wdshop.net/
                  http://www.4wdshop.net/original/catalog-USA-S.pdf

Comment

the japan kit is nothing for germany be cause you get no registration for the road........ I take coil over Shocks custom build for my car in the usa.......

They are longer and bigger.....

Spacers between shocks and springs are horrible on the road.....
                    It drives like a rocking chair.....

Comment

You are right, the registration may be a problem.

But, custom built coil over shocks are not a subrame lift, as the differentials will not move any lower? Only way to do the body lift, is to add something between the subframes of the suspension and, the body?

Comment

Yip, that is only suspension lift like my NM here with spacers and longer coils giving about 10cm lift. The cv run at acute angles and I have popped 2 cv boots since fitment so it might be better to go the subframe lift as per the jap website if you want to lift it that much.

CATS
                        2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                        (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                        2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                        2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

the subframe lift will be 5,00cm...... not more.... that?s why i take longer und bigger shocks..... i don?t want a rocking chair....

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Bensen View Post
                            I am going to do this with a company in germany....

The shocks have arrived and next week the car goes to him.....

5,00 cm Suspension lift and 5,00cm Bodylift......

so will it be when it?s ready.....

Hi,

very interresting
                            somes news ?
                            best regards
                            Pajero generation 3 -2002-manuel ; 8mm aluminum protection under the car; spring king Spring +40mm; damper OME;front winch and rear winch; Stainless steel exhaust; wheels 265/75/R16 with tyres BFG Mud, push bar; snorkel; side protection and and some other small changes

Comment

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                              There are kits as mentioned from OS, but first I'd talk to an engineer as I seriously doubt you'd get it OK'd here. Even if you could, the cost of getting it certified for road worthy would be astronomical..
                              Hey John pardon my ignorance but why can Patrols and LC be body lifted and not the Pajero and when they (Patrol and LC) do a body lift do they then need to get a road worthy cert?? Again I'm not 100% sure when it comes to this kind of vehicle mod but I would have thought it would be something on most peoples list things to do. Any info on this subject would be awesome and time saving.

Thanks
                              Its my truck and I have my wifes permission to say so.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X