NS interior /exterior durability and quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS interior /exterior durability and quality

How would you blokes rate the quality (fit ,finish ,niggly problems) compared to past Paj models ? . My drivers side seat makes a grinding ,clunking sound from the left side when leaning into a corner which is starting to get pretty irritating.Rear right hand side interior light will not turn off by it self unless the interior light control switch is in the off position .Floor carpets appear to look a bit thin and the small blinker lights on the front guards seem to be of a cheap quality .Maybe I am being a bit picky here but my old NJ Paj with had done 425000km when I sold it seemed to have a lot more durable interior /exterior and was still in reasonable nick considering the fairly hard life that she had.Ten years down the track will tell the story I suppose
    2007 DID AUTO

I only have the 2000 NM to compare to and the new NS outshines it by a country mile.
    Better soundproofing, at this early stage the creak/rattle/knock or whatever it was between the dash and windscreen isn't evident, only thing that rattles is the "stuff" in the glove box or console and as to whether the materials will last or not, who knows.
    Rusty
    2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
    Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
    2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

whenever i give the NS V6 everything out of a corner i hear a bad noise. almost sounds like a bolt bouncing off the ring gear not good at all. anyone else getting that?

It goes away and comesback. definately something hitting something turning.
      ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Paj View Post
        whenever i give the NS V6 everything out of a corner i hear a bad noise.
        Sounds like CV Joint failing in the front axle.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

IS the noise in the front or the back? Do you have 4WD engaged or just 2 WD?

Front CV joint could only make a noise if you had 4WD engaged and gave it stick.

Maybe and this could be scary, it's got something to do with the MIVEC, I think that this is mechanical albeit controlled by Computer. The idea I think, is to vary the inlet to outlet exhaust valve timing, maybe this is bouncing??

Alternatively, given the power of the V6 you might be breaking traction on one wheel and what you can hear is the traction control cutting in, ie jabbing the brake.

Anyway, try and localise where this is coming from through process of elimination. Is it engine, Front or rear, try it only in 2 WD. If its repeatable then Mitsu should have no problem diagnosing it.

Dan
          Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Nah deffinately in the motor, either to the rear or to the top. i am prettty clued up on engines and mechanicals but because the problem is never around at stand still idle it is very hard to pick. And you know mitsubishi- if it aint broke we cant fix it.
            ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Maybe then its the MIVEC doing its thing?

It's reproducible, I'd report it, you might be surprised. I had my NM many years ago with a very loud bang in the gearbox on changes at high speed, I reported it and the week after my gearbox was replaced in its entirety, didn't even go for a test drive to demonstrate the problem, turned it was something they had been experiencing on some Paj's.
              Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Hey Rogue, do you think that the NS recall has anything to do with the noise?? http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=15291

Loose nuts!!

Comment

Cheers.

Im not sure but i better check that out too. The sound has dissapeared lately? Which makes me more sure of it being something in the bell housing that has prob disintergrated now from the ring gear. but if it comes back mitsubishi will be getting a call.

Comment

another recall to check

Hey Rogue one other,

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=1208

You should chase this, I couldn't find it anywhere on teh recall site but my service guy mentioned it to me.

Regards

Dan C

Comment

Cheers Dan

Im guessing if that is it then that bolt no longer exists on my car =) Uh oh

Does anyone else have a slight vibration at about 100km per hour. Feels like rear driveshaft. i spoke to MM about it they say it is just part of the SWB because the driveshaft is so small. Sounds like Bull&*^$ to me. Especially as the rear driveshaft is a fixed length and does not move up or down. Maybe ive lost a bolt from there too haha.

On my first service i got the recall done for a loose timing belt tensioner bolt if anyone interested.

Dan S.

Comment

sounds like utter crap, complain like hell to mm customer service and ask for a detailed written tech explanation from the dealer.. that should get them to look at it..
                        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X