Rear DVD system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear DVD system

I think/hope that it is/shouldbe, possible to have the sound for the DVD system through the headphones whilst front seat passengers can still enjoy seperate music/radio via the front. Perhaps it is not possible but if it is I haven't been able to get that result.
    Any of you guys thought the same or better still worked it out?

It works for us. Have kids in the back watching a movie and ourselves in the front listening to CDs. Only if the front console is switched to "rear" do you have the DVD sound coming through the main speakers, but you do not need to have the system in "rear" mode for the DVD to work, it should just start by itself whenever someone in the back inserts a CD or DVD into the overhead slot.
    Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

thanks, I had the front to "rear" cause I figured the DVD was in the rear, silly old me, you know what the next stage after Senior-senile!

Comment

As I knew it would happen before we even got our car home , my kids ( being the spoiled brats that they are ) have broken both headphones in half so we have no choice now but to listen to whatever is playing in the DVD. I think someone posted up the name and model of some aftermarket headphones that worked but can`t find it anywhere (might be on the old forum ) and was hoping they could re-post what they were please.
        2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

I think anything that says its an infrared set of headphones will work, be they Tandy ones or whatever Strathfield sells. They come with their own transmitter (designed for attaching to audio out of a TV set and using in living rooms), but don't need it and pick up the transmitted signal from the Pajero DVD player just fine. Just go into any store, possibly even Retravision, Harvey Norman, JB Hifi included, and ask the salesperson for their range of infrared headphones. They should all work. My wifes parents paid $75 for their Dick Smiths ones.
          Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

The current batch of headphones are defective and should be replaced under warranty !

If you stretch open wide enough to fit over a normal size head you can see the plastic being overstressed and turning white at the joint with the the thin part.

Dan has had his replaced. When I showed the problem to the Sales Manager he agreed they were faulty, though mine haven't broken yet. I won't be getting mine replaced until I'm sure the replacement is "fit for purpose".
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Yes, Make sure you report them to the dealer, after DPF this is the next assault. I have had a second set broken, and reported them. The dealer said that MMA were "aware" But we need to persue MMA on this, as Mike says they are defective.

As for aftermarket, be aware that you need to get the right frequency for the headphones. I tried the DSE (i think Digitor) but had really patchy quality on reception and returned them straight away. Be aware that DSE do not have apolicy of accepting headphones back it is a health thing so try them first to convince yourself that they will work for you.

Dan
              Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

THANKS all for helping , I was going to show them to the dealer but was affraid of getting some crap lecture and blaming us for the problem of how not to be too rough with them as they are very flimsy.You can only try i guess.

Comment

When having the DPF fix done I did enquire about the headphones and to my suprise,they were replaced without question,although the new one`s have only been used once by myself ( here come the fat head jokes )to test them and found that they have started to fatigue already.They are just too thin and flexible where the adjustment slide is connected to the head brace.

Comment

Has anyone found out how to make the DVD player region free?

Comment

not yet

I asked this same question a couple of months ago.

I have the same problem in that I have a series of US/Asian Region coded DVD's for kids and can't play them on the car player.

Does anyone know what brand of DVD player it is, that would be the best start for finding out how to make it region free.
                      Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

I did a search on the DVD player, but no luck. If anyone knows the brand and or model no. please post it here. Mine is due for the 15,000km service and I will ask the dealer as well.

Comment

Fujitsu 10

The DVD player is made by Fujitsu 10, with the headsets being manufactured by Mitsubishi Japan. I obtained this information after about six phone calls between the dealer, Essendon Mitsubishi and myself. I have also had both headsets break at the weak point of the slide mechanism, but my first approach to the Mitsubishi dealer in Essendaon was meet with little simpathy, but a willingness to sell me a new pair for over $300! With the second failure I will relaunch my assult.

Does anyone know which dealer has replaced the defective headsts so I can advise Essendon to contact them if they give me any grief?

Comment

We had no problems what so ever with having our headphones replaced about 3 months ago.I booked in the car to have the DPF ECU flash done and told them about the headphones breaking.They said "NO worries" and when I got the car sure enough there was a brand new set in the map pockets of the front seats and they took away the old one`s. Our dealer is Paul Wakeling Mitsu at Campbelltown NSW.( who we bought the car from ). I have put them away from the kids and only use them on log trips now.

Comment

I,ve had 2 replacements on 2 separate occasions so far, my understanding is that the standing instruction is to replace when reported.

My dealer was Alto at Gordon.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X