No announcement yet.

Is the Eclipse AVN 6000 worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Eclipse AVN 6000 worth getting?

Hi guys,
    We are buying an NS VRX(most likely) DiD with family pack next month, so it will have the rear DVD and curtain airbags for the kids. I am thinking about getting sat nav and a reverse camera as well, but the system the dealers are pushing is the Eclipse AVN 6000 at about $4000. That seems like a lot of money for a sat nav and reverse camera, or am I missing something?
    Any comments will be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

You might like to have a look at the Pioneer AVIC unit. www.pioneer.com.au

Ignore the RRP and talk to your local car electronic shop...

Its a double DIN unit so i am unsure if fitting will be an issue as i have no idea of the NS dash layout.

cheers

Comment

Buy a GPS unit that sticks on the windscreen (Garmin, or other brand), and a reversing camera system from Aussievan products http://www.aussievan.com.au - and spend the money you save on a 2 week camping holiday in your new Pajero.....
      NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Has anyone had a look at this one?

I was talking to a mate who imports this kind of stuff and he said he can get this one for around $1000. Lokks ok but again I don't know how it would fit in the Pajero.

I noticed that they make a specialty panel for the Prado but it doesn't say anything about the Pajero
        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
        1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Adam, I have one installed in my SWB DiD, its not just a satnav, it replaces your stacker CD player so it also has a radio included, together with two DVD slots, one for the satnav disk and one for your CD,DVD, MP3 disks. you can get the unit with or without the rear vision camera, and a second screen can be added for the second row seats. The cost seams high but is similar to other in-dash units supplied by other car manufacturers. One advantage of this system is you can update the maps by simply changing the DVD disk, and the usnt is much harder to steal than the "stick on the windscreen type".
          The satnav system work very well for me.
          Hope this has been of some help.
          Regards, Geoff Berry

Comment

It seems to do a lot more than just sat nav and reverse camera. We'll be getting the rear DVD screen as part of the family pack so we don't need that function of it. I had a look at the aussievan reverse camera and whilst it looks alright I would prefer the sat nav and reverse camera to share the same screen that's fitted into the dash.
            I'll look around for something less expensive that does this. I just don't want to pay extra to replace the brand new radio/6 stacker CD/MP3 player that comes with the car.
            Thanks guys,
            Sandgroper.
            NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

SAndgroper, I have the AVN6000 with the reverse camera as well, have to say I was unsure at first if I should get it, but had it for a few months now and its brilliant.
              -----------------------
              NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
              -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffB View Post
                Adam, I have one installed in my SWB DiD, its not just a satnav, it replaces your stacker CD player so it also has a radio included, together with two DVD slots, one for the satnav disk and one for your CD,DVD, MP3 disks. you can get the unit with or without the rear vision camera, and a second screen can be added for the second row seats. The cost seams high but is similar to other in-dash units supplied by other car manufacturers. One advantage of this system is you can update the maps by simply changing the DVD disk, and the usnt is much harder to steal than the "stick on the windscreen type".
                The satnav system work very well for me.
                Hope this has been of some help.
                Regards, Geoff Berry

Sorry, just realised I did not put a link in to the unit I was talking about.

It is this one:

http://www.roadrover.cn/e/product.as...ation%20Series

I have been told I should be able to get it for around the $1000 price. They will also load in Oziexplorer for you as well.
                thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

I have been told I should be able to get it for around the $1000 price. They will also load in Oziexplorer for you as well.
                  You can buy this unit in Australia for $2699 with OziExplorer installed.
                  http://www.gpsoz.com.au/vms/
                  Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Sorry, just realised I did not put a link in to the unit I was talking about.

It is this one:

adam keep me informed if you go ahead, could be keen
                    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

The AVN is a good unit. I had it installed in the Paj (Exceed) however would nt work with he Rockford system. Alas it was removed. The finish and surrond was not that good and there were gaps. I had some picts and associated stories in hte old forum...I dont have the pics any more. If you are heading off road - the AVN is not that good (GPS that is) as the road maps are limited. If you have seen the Prado system - its basically the same (Maps and interface). Maybe look at other options that can load Oziexplorer etc as suggested by others. I really want an intergrate system, and believe the Exceed should have a GPS - however it does not and its [email protected]%#ing hard to get one to suit the Rockford system. THe EU model of the Paj (Showgun) has a Rockford intergrated GPS looks sweet and very neat intergration (as its made specifically for the Paj)- however not availible here due to map compatability problems....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any way

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/newshogun/
                      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                        You can buy this unit in Australia for $2699 with OziExplorer installed.
                        http://www.gpsoz.com.au/vms/
                        Yes I know, but it was the offer of getting it for under $1k that had me interested.
                        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                        1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

These integrated systems look good, but how well do they actually work and what's actualy usefull? My opinion is a 'good' gps and the reverse camera and display (most don't include the camera) would be worth considering, but the rest is questionable above what comes standard on the NS. I've never saw the need for wired up gps in a vehicle myself. Personally, I think forking out that sort of dough for a clunky dash mounted unit with no portability outside the vehicle is over the top in a sardine can, especially given it may not even be transfereable to another vehicle in 2-5 years when upgrading. High on the wank factor, low on need - just my opinion.

PS - gps software is worth peanuts - you can get gps mapsets of any country or ocean charts including Australia (all the common brand maps) on GPS forums or at places like the electronics malls in ManggaDua Jakarta or the markets in Singapore for around $3 per disk - ripped of copies that work well so I'm told, but hey it's up to you if you want to rip off those poor GIS artists or pay full price.....
                          Last edited by Eastie; 28-04-08, 12:14 PM.
                          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I have an Infill G4 double DIN car PC in my Paj. It has a 6.5 inch screen, holds all my music, has reverse camera, and runs Win XP. I have Oziexplorer on there which works brilliantly. I also have a bluetooth dongle for the phone and a wireless network dongle is hooked up. I run centrafuse software for the most part. Its RRP is 3499 which does not include bluetooth or camera etc, however I paid ~$2000 as part of a promotion. You have to order the satnav accomodation kit from MMA and also the gap filler plate from Fujitsu Ten.
                            I also have a OBD scanner hooked up for engine diagnostics.

At the moment I'm still having a few teething troubles with respect to software, however am confident I will get it sorted.

Details are here: www.maxice.com.au
                            Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Proudy, I agree with you that the Exceed should have intergrated sat nav as standard equipment. It is MMAs premium Pajero and I understand your frustration especially as it's available over seas.
                              There seems to be plenty of products out there that will work well in a non-Exceed NS, but as I said before and Eastie pointed out, what you end up with over and above what the NS comes with as standed is very expensive.
                              Thanks for the replies guys,
                              Sandgroper.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X