Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

static shocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • static shocks

    Like myself no doubt many of you suffer static shocks when getting out of vehicle etc. The other day saw a product 'anti-static spray' thought give it a go and amazingly it worked completely over a few hot dry days [the worst] could not induce a shock try as I might. Bought it from a woolies store, it is by Helmar and their web page is www.helmar.com.au comes in a pump spray bottle, such an easy solution and amazingly completly effective.

  • #2
    Originally posted by victatwo View Post
    Like myself no doubt many of you suffer static shocks when getting out of vehicle etc. The other day saw a product 'anti-static spray' thought give it a go and amazingly it worked completely over a few hot dry days [the worst] could not induce a shock try as I might. Bought it from a woolies store, it is by Helmar and their web page is www.helmar.com.au comes in a pump spray bottle, such an easy solution and amazingly completly effective.
    Where do you spray it ?

    All anti-static sprays I've seen are just detergent - it absorbs moisture and helps the charge leak away.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

    Comment


    • #3
      attach one of those anti static earth straps that touches the road...
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

      SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
        Where do you spray it ?

        All anti-static sprays I've seen are just detergent - it absorbs moisture and helps the charge leak away.
        Hello Mike, just a light spray over the driving seat and the same over the back of the clothes being worn, whatever it is it really works and that is what is needed. Have tried the hanging straps, useless.

        Regards victatwo

        Comment


        • #5
          If you operate a High Frequency Radio in the car then static discharge interferes with reception.

          What really works is to follow the practice used on aircraft and have a trailing wire with spiky ends, just like on the wingtips of large planes.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

          Comment


          • #6
            just keep your car clean... no static build up
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

            SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by victatwo View Post
              Hello Mike, just a light spray over the driving seat and the same over the back of the clothes being worn, whatever it is it really works and that is what is needed. Have tried the hanging straps, useless.

              Regards victatwo
              Does this mean you need to spray yourself (back) every time you get in the car in a new set of clothes?
              2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

              Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

              Comment

              Matched content

              Collapse
              Working...
              X