Sticking stuff to the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking stuff to the dash

I while ago someone had a link to a product for stcking stuff to the dashboard and it left no marks when removed.

I want to mount my 7" touchscreen on the dash but I don't really want to have to drill mounting holes in it. I am not sure if the sticky stuff will be strong enough but I thought it was worth a try.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Hi
    Go to link below and click on details - one or both of these might suit

I have one in my NP and mounted both mobile phone and the UHF mike on it

They work well, no drilling, just clip on

http://www.kioskcommunications.com.a...id=36&mid=1052

Regards
    Mal
    NP GLX DID Auto
    ARB winch bar
    Nite Stalker Spots
    265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
    Towbar
    TX3200 UHF
    Tekonsha Prodigy
    Kingsley Side Steps
    Polyairs
    Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

i have done this before using a bit of silastic . yes silastic. i have used it to hold mobile phone holder , gps holder and this is the only stuff i know that sticks in hot , cold and rough conditions . al you have to do is clean the surface in wich you are going to stick it with metho put a bit of silastic ( be careful not to much or you wont remove what ever you sticking down with out breaking it when it is time to remove) push it into the silastic put a bit of tape to hold into posistion untill set and presto. when you remove, the silastic will just flake of when rubbed like dead skin.

Comment

Thanks Mal and Zac.

Yes, that was the link I was thinking of Mal. I had a look but I think the screen might be a bit heavy for the mount. The screen weighs 430g and the biggest problem is that it wobbles around too much.

I am not too keen on using silastic.
        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
        1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Go to Woolies or a hardware store and look for 3M Command Adhesive - comes in many different forms and you pull the adhesive out when you want to remove it.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X