turbo timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo timer

anyone know where i can get a turbo timer online? preferably a plug in type so I wont have warranty issues. thanks
    2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Not sure if they make them for the Pajero, but I have a Miccon turbotimer that I bought from a bloke in Sydney, but he now sells them on eBay for $130 (under ML Triton turbo timer). It fits in a blanked off space in the dash and is very easy to installm

It's not a plug-in type, I think you need to go to a Boggard for that style and the price is higher.

hope that helps
    Cheers

Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

I could ask the question why are you installing a turbo timer?
      Not trying to be smart a.. however
      Given the VGT turbo is a water/oil cooled unit using ball bearings and the engine runs full synthetic oil, its an over kill.
      Turbo timers are something used in Old technology trucks running oil cooling only and mineral oil, where oil break down would cause carbon to build up and damage the seals and bronze bushes.
      Muzza
      Muzza
      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

muzza my turbo has no VGT, is it still water cooled similar to the VGT models, my 4m41 is the same as NS manual no dpf/VGT.
        subi_man thats a nice turbo timer you got there. but I'm kinda worried about my warranty,
        cheers

owen
        2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

What about the manuals, as they are a different setup to the autos aren't they??
          I have been wondering about them for some time now.
          * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
          * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
          * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
          * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
          * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Originally posted by jmi View Post
            I have been wondering about them for some time now.
            As have I
            Peter
            2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

I can understand with an auto, you put it in Park, get out, lock the door and let the timer do it's magic.

But with an manual, do you put it in neutral, put the handbrake on and leave, or do you sit in the car until the timer cuts out, put it in gear (for the equivalent of Park in an auto) and then leave?

Sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

After bitter and expensive experience, I don't trust hand brakes

Garth

Comment

Originally posted by Nargun View Post
                After bitter and expensive experience, I don't trust hand brakes
                Been there, done that.
                Watched my father's F100 fly into a river due to flakey handbrake and my own inneptitude
                Peter
                2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X