Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control

Hey Crew

Has anyone spoken to any auto electricians about disconnecting the traction control. Preferably on an on/ off switch type set up?

Whats the point of having 184kw if you cant do a donut on the beach?

Sometimes im sure id get further offroad too if the brakes wernt engaging.

Cheers
    Daniel.
    ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

I was told that the ASC switch turned it off, but no it doesn't. It would be nice to be able to turn it off, i would like to test with it turned on, and then turned off and see if it is better/worse.
    A switch from standard would have been nice.

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Originally posted by jmi View Post
      I was told that the ASC switch turned it off, but no it doesn't. It would be nice to be able to turn it off, i would like to test with it turned on, and then turned off and see if it is better/worse.
      A switch from standard would have been nice.

Josh
      Mine does....2wd ASC off and the rear is out! especially on wet grass
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Having driven the NP DiD Auto with Traction Control for years I had no concerns.

I'm not sure if was the stiffer suspension or more sensitive Traction Control in the NS, that came close to causing an accident.
        I was turning out of a driveway at quite moderate speed and acceleration. There was a very small rut at the edge of the which made the suspension bounce as I pulled onto the road.
        This made the Traction Control cut all power for a couple of seconds, leaving me halfway through turning onto the road, with traffic bearing down on me from both sides.

At the end of my street is a bit of a rut and the NP Traction Control NEVER activated on it, even if I was in a bit of a hurry. In the NS I have to drive very carefully acroos it or the Traction Control triggers.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I tried mine in sand, 2wd, ASC off, and the lights on the dash blink when the wheels were spinning and TC is operating.
          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I haven't had a look, but if there's a fuse in the cab it might be simple to remove the fuse and wire in a normally closed relay with an in-line fuse and switch mounted under the dash. If you want it off flick the switch - I'm sure this would show up as one of the warning alarms on the dash and the ECU shouldn't recognise this mod as an issue (Jap built toyotas/subarus don't have a problem with this mod, I can't see it being a problem for a Paj). An even simplerr fix but not as convenient is to remove the fuse when you want isolate the TC and put it back when you've finished - same goes for abs.

I've done the switch mod to ABS circuits, as abs can be problematic towing on steep gravel roads. The ABS warning light on the dash lights up when ABs has been switched off, so as long as you can remember to stitch it back on when you're on the blacktop it shouldn;t be a major issue.
            NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Hmmm... Doughnut on beach often leads to roll-over on beach..
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

If you have a rear diff lock, when activated, doesn't it turn TC off?? I am sure i read that somewhere. But not sure how it turns it off, maybe the ECU does it.
                Just something i thought of and thought it may help.

Cheers
                * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Not 100% sure but I think the two relays over near the brake master / booster / acumulator are for ABS (A & B marked on the lid). I havent tried or looked these up though so proceed with caution, and I am sure your insurance company would be impressed. I know that pulling the relay is how they used to disable ABS when testing a car's with / without ABS performance.
                  2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                  2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

I dont have a diff lock and im sure that if you do you would be able to break traction. I found that all the ASC button does is stop the the engine from cutting out and dying. But after traction is broken the brakes stop you real quick.

I tried taking the abs fuse out under the dash- did nothing. but i know there are 2 more fuses and relays at least under the bonnet.

I wonder if there is a wiring loom under the dash where the diff lock switch should be were we can make the car think it has a diff lock?

Can you activate the diff lock in 2wd if you have one? come to think of it i dont think you can.

Just cause in japan you dont drive over 6km per hour doesnt mean we do
                    ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Paj View Post

I tried taking the abs fuse out under the dash- did nothing. but i know there are 2 more fuses and relays at least under the bonnet.

I wonder if there is a wiring loom under the dash where the diff lock switch should be were we can make the car think it has a diff lock?

Can you activate the diff lock in 2wd if you have one? come to think of it i dont think you can.

yup... need to find the ABS module and switch the main power
                      Last edited by Jaydee; 18-12-07, 06:17 PM. Reason: because I needed to.
                      'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Yeah

Just been up to Sand dunes at Wedge Island WA for the last 4 days. The pajero did excellent on the standard 18inch tyres cant wait to get new ones.

The Traction control kicked in in alot of spots where i thought it was unnecessary and i am worried about the brake pads getting hot and also excessive wear.

Still cant do a donut on the beach properly.

Didnt have the time to try and find the ABS module while up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Paj View Post
                          Yeah

Just been up to Sand dunes at Wedge Island WA for the last 4 days. The pajero did excellent on the standard 18inch tyres cant wait to get new ones.

The Traction control kicked in in alot of spots where i thought it was unnecessary and i am worried about the brake pads getting hot and also excessive wear.

Still cant do a donut on the beach properly.

Didnt have the time to try and find the ABS module while up there.
                          Hi Rogue,
                          Did you make it from Lancelin to Wedge and back via the beach the whole way? The small swell and low morning tides we've had lately should have helped.
                          Also, what pressure did you let your tyres down to for the soft stuff? I hav'nt had a chance to get up there in the NS yet. Our NM had 16inch wheels and I would go as low as 12psi when it was really soft.
                          Sandgroper.
                          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
                            Hi Rogue,
                            Did you make it from Lancelin to Wedge and back via the beach the whole way? The small swell and low morning tides we've had lately should have helped.
                            Also, what pressure did you let your tyres down to for the soft stuff? I hav'nt had a chance to get up there in the NS yet. Our NM had 16inch wheels and I would go as low as 12psi when it was really soft.
                            Sandgroper.
                            i went on the beach a toppers? i think it is it is the first turn off onto the beach off the track befor the left hand turn about 1 km form lancelin. the beach from narrowneck on is great! if your worried. the first stint out of lancelin is always iffy. id hit the track for a while then cut in at like narrowneck or toppers.

I let my tyres down to 20 psi at lancelin, never had a problem. never got bogged and snatched 4 ppl out over the 4 days.

Comment

A question about my traction control. This is the first vehicle that i have owned with Traction Control, when i first heard it activate was on the beach & i thought there was a problem with my NP. Are you meant to hear it when is activating? It's very noisey!
                              At the time I stopped & flicked through the owners manual & worked out how turn it off. With it off, 4x4ing in the sand is much better & easier on the Pajero.
                              Dual Battery
                              80Ltr Waeco
                              91Ltr Longrange Tank
                              3" Lovells/Bilstein
                              3” Exhaust
                              Winch
                              NP 05 DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X