Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate control accuracy and function

Hi there,

I thought I might start off another thread about the function and effectiveness of the climate control.

Setting the A/C to Auto is supposed to maintain the temperature as set using the temperature dial.

What I have found is that it seems to freeze me to death unless it is set to 26 degrees Celcius.

This is even when it is a hot day.

The dealer says it is working with design parameters according the the MUTT diagnostic system.

We are at the stage of just using it like any car without a temperature guage and turn on and off as needed.

Very frustrating!

Has anyone put a thermostat in the car to see what the actual temp is comparing it to the set temperature.
    2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Well now, its just a car aircon

so its either on or off. You can hear which & feel it when your at rest. The air is gonna come out cold when the thermo cuts in and less cold when it cuts out the compressor & the air is just running in the cool plumbing. You should be glad its frosty, i am

but if its a bit much, just route it to your feet or something. At 26c, you may just be turning it off.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
    1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

Originally posted by MinniTheMoocha View Post
      Hi there,

I thought I might start off another thread about the function and effectiveness of the climate control.

Setting the A/C to Auto is supposed to maintain the temperature as set using the temperature dial.

What I have found is that it seems to freeze me to death unless it is set to 26 degrees Celcius.

This is even when it is a hot day.

The dealer says it is working with design parameters according the the MUTT diagnostic system.

We are at the stage of just using it like any car without a temperature guage and turn on and off as needed.

Very frustrating!

Has anyone put a thermostat in the car to see what the actual temp is comparing it to the set temperature.

Hey, I was just thinking the same thing today. I was going to ask the dealer to look at it at the first service.
      Unles I set it to 25C it non stops blows cold air. I know it is either on or off but I am sure when set to 25c the ambient temperature inside ends up a lot lower than that
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I've personally found 22.5C to be the sweet spot, as it was getting pretty cold for a while until I seem to have found the right temperature whereby I can now just leave it on all the time.
        Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

mine works just fine. the aircon is not either on or off... the air temp from vents does and can change as it is mixed i presume in a box somewhere. i leave mine running all the time summer or winter. also it sends different temp air to different vents to give the feeling of a more natural air flow and temp.. its all the rage these days
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

It's supposed to be a Climate Control Aircon with multiple sensors to always keep you comfortable - it even has a light sensor to increase cooling when the sun is shining.

I am extremely disappointed with it, compared with the NP.

1. I have to continuously change the temperature between 22 and 26 degrees to keep it bearable.

2. With the NP you could vary the ratio of airflow between face and feet totally. In the NS, as soon as you enable Face+Feet, all the air blasts on you feet and there's little on your face.

I always leave it set with Aircon On (right LED on) and Manual mode (Left LED off)

Based on the similar complaints here, I'll be reporting it defective at the 7,500km service.

I get sick of hearing "There are no fault codes" when you pick it up, as an excuse for having done nothing.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Don't expect open arms with this one. No codes = we can't do anything.

Thats the answer I got with the A/C and a hiccup problem I had.
              2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

mike in manual mode will it not just operate as per normal aircon and not use the thermostat...
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

We have the same issues but think we have it under control now. Started off by setting the auto temp control at a "comfortable" 22 or so but far too cold. Raised it at the dealers at 7500 and told to ignore the actual setting and just set it to where you are comfortable. So now if I set it on auto and am comfortable the temp setting will show 26 or so.
                  On straight air con it is very effective.
                  Just like the "older" vehicles that just have a graduated scale or arrow, no temp to worry about, just set it to where you are comfortable and all is OK.
                  I don't like the tendency to go to recycle on auto when the temp difference is high. Don't like driving for more than a short time on recycle so if this happens, just set it to manual for a while until it settles down.
                  We like the max air on the feet, not the face so this works OK for us.
                  Rusty
                  2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
                  Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
                  2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

It's a pain in the ass, I wasn't aware that there was too much intelligence in it, Mike where does the manual talk about the light sensors?
                    All I thought was that it worked with the sensor in the centre console down near the seat warmers (Spare Parts for future spotlights). The sensor is behind the slotted hole at that level.
                    Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Originally posted by danc12 View Post
                      It's a pain in the ass, I wasn't aware that there was too much intelligence in it, Mike where does the manual talk about the light sensors?
                      All I thought was that it worked with the sensor in the centre console down near the seat warmers (Spare Parts for future spotlights). The sensor is behind the slotted hole at that level.

There is a sensor in the speaker in the centre of the dash, but I do not know what this is for, could be for the air con.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I also thought there was only the one front seat sensor low down in the dash, near the 4WD selector switch area. I gathered that as there is only one sensor this would be why the entire front section is classified as "the zone" for temperature control for both front occupants. Other makes of cars would have more complexity as they can offer separate passenger / driver temperature zones. and I understand the VW toureg can have 4 zone air con with separate sensors for each side back seat too. The Jeep Grand cherokee has an infra red sensor for both driver and passenger that is supposed to read the heat signature coming from each occupant of the seat and adjust the aircon accordingly, which sounds exceedingly complicated, and from what I have read does not work anyway.
                        No, the Paj is a little simpler with its single front zone climate control, but it suits me fine.
                        I don't know where the rear sensor is though for the back passengers. Anyone know, or is it just a manual aircon system?. It is claimed to be dual zone climate control, but as the rear passengers just get a 3 speed fan with an analogue turn dial for temperature from blue to red with no temperature readings, I'm beginning to think that the rear roof vent system may be just your standard air con with technically no actual climate control?

If there is a rear sensor - please enlighten me, as it would be nice to know where it is.
                        Thanks.
                        Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

I had a look at the manual and the light sensor I saw in the speaker on the top of the dash is for the air con. There is only one other sensor which is the one we all knew about.
                          It does not seem like there is any sensor in the rear. It pobably works like the Landrover climate control works. It works off only one sensor but adjusts the different areas depending on the difference in temp setting at the sperate controls (if that mnakes any sense).

Here is a pic of where the NS sensors are

thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                          1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

The same issues here with the SWB - either freezing or nothing without constant adjustment.
                            NS oil burner shorty

Comment

When you set the Aircon to Automatic it controls the Fan speed, Airflow (Face-Feet), Fresh/Recirc and temperature to provide what the designer thought would be comfortable conditions, based on -

- Outside Air temperature
                              - Inside Air temperature
                              - Solar Radiation (using the light sensor near the speaker)

I found the Auto Aircon operation annoying on the NP with excessive fan speed and Recirc that I haven't bothered trying it on the NS.

They can't even design the Cruise Control to change down gears to hold the set speed - but if you switch Cruise Control off it will change down ?*&$^**$. What was the designer thinking ???? Why on earth didn't they correct this stupidity in the NS ?
                              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X