Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 22500 KM service required for NS DID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 22500 KM service required for NS DID?

After the 15000Km service, the dealer has stuck a sticker saying that the next scheduled service is 22500Km. I could not find this service interval anywhere in the manual, could only find the 30000km as the next service. Does anyone know if 22500Km service is really required
    ? My NS has 21500km on the clock now. Please help !!!
    March'07 NS Paj VRX DID Auto + FP and DPF problem

No - 22,500 would be an optional intermediate service. Mine had the same stickerbut I ignored it. For other reasons I got them to change the oil (supplied) and filter and do the ecu upgrade whilst they were at it. Total cost was $60 including.
    Last edited by Eastie; 18-12-07, 11:32 PM.
    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

what I was told this morning

The dealer told me the oil change requirement for Diesels was every 7,500 km's, I'd like to get to the bottom of this one also. I had thought it was the first two were at 7,500 and 15,000 and then every 15,000 after that.
      Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

both of you need to find new service shops i think !
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

According to the book...

..Oil Change at 7,500 then at 15,000 Oil and Filter then every 15,000 after that.

Every body read it the same way?
          Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Originally posted by danc12 View Post
            ..Oil Change at 7,500 then at 15,000 Oil and Filter then every 15,000 after that.
            Thats it!
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I believe Mitsubishi will be quietly steering people towards 7500 km oil changes because of the oil contamination with diesel, that must be happening, when the vehicle does a regeneration of the DPF (assuming you have an auto)!!

In another thread there is a discussion regarding when it's necessary for an oil / filter change after a forced regeneration. Apparently the dealerships are only changing the oil IF THE OIL LEVEL IS HIGHER THAN NORMAL, indicating extra fuel in the oil increases the volume in the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopperoo View Post
                I believe Mitsubishi will be quietly steering people towards 7500 km oil changes because of the oil contamination with diesel,
                i don't believe so, my oil test at 15,000km did not show any fuel contaminates or abnormal wear debris... i have not had a forced regen though.

if you have had a few forced regen's then i would definitely get some oil testing done for wear debris analysis and iso cleanliness to see if any abnormal wear modes are present.. then you have some factual evidence if you need to act.

eg http://www.rttech.com.au/
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Originally posted by Hopperoo View Post
                  ... Apparently the dealerships are only changing the oil IF THE OIL LEVEL IS HIGHER THAN NORMAL, indicating extra fuel in the oil increases the volume in the motor...
                  (Devils Advocate...) If that is their official line (I can't believe they would be so simple) and they are holding to their word of free oil (I recall this was the case with DPF issues) why not buy a 20L drum of the cheapest ACEA C3 rated oil you can find and put half a litre or so in before showing up for a service... all the benefits of a cheap service without the diesel damage.. If you want to be real tight pull over a few meters before the service centre and pour some diesel in before driving in their front gate for a free oil change. Just make sure to mention to them the level on the dipstick looks high!
                  Last edited by Eastie; 18-12-07, 11:20 PM.
                  NS oil burner shorty

Comment

The oil change question at 22500km was the same question I had ......

See to following thread for more posts:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=821

Incidently, I got mine serviced at 22500km because it fitted the description of the "severe operating conditions' - which I personally think are not so severe! Mikens
                    NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

I get my Ns Diesel serviced every 7500km, as i think 15,000km is to long for any diesel engine.

Comment

Matthew,

What is the cost of getting your oil tested and can they actually check for diesel contamination in the oil? I can understand picking up petrol contamination but I would have thought diesel is too close to the oil's fundamentals to be able to differentiate.

Comment

fuel contamination is different to the wear debris testing i have done.. you can send a sample to CAT for testing.. don't know the exact cost but around $30 to $60. the guy i suggested can arrange it all for you
                          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X