Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a Cargo barrier with Family Pack

Hi Folks,
    Just a quick question for those that have a VRX Family pack Wagon & chose to have a Cargo barrier fitted.

Interested to know if the Genuine Mitsubishi item is the only one compatible with the side/curtain Airbags..? ( After a quick look on the Milford website, looks as though their barrier is not suitable for side/curtain airbags)

Also, does anyone have a Barrier with the Perspex centre section that opens.

Any ideas on alternatives that are Airbag compatible / General costs fitted also.

Any feedback in general appreciated,

Merry Christmas,

Pug.

I have a dealer fitted cargo barrier with the Family Pack, the only caution that I had was that the barrier can not be used in the forward position due to the side airbags.

My barrier does not have the perspex in it, it is the standard cage. It might be worth chatting with the Milford guys, as the first dealer I spoke to told me that the cargo barrier was not available if I took the family pack.

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

I have the FP and Cargo barrier fitted. The genuine Mitsubishi item IS a Milford Barrier. Unlike all other barriers, it does not taper vertically after it goes above the head restraints. This means that you do lose some space, but it will not interfere with the airbags. I know that blackwidow have a barrier for the NS for use with their drawer system, but you would have to talk with them to ascertain that they have tested it to ensure there are no problems.

If any dealer tries to tell you it is incompatible - they are talking rubbish. It just cannot be fitted in the forward position.

Mitsubishi were good in that they designed the airbag deployment to allow for a barrier. On the Prado, the VX and Grande models are unable to take a barrier due to the airbag deployment which is absolutely stupid for a touring vehicle.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Hi Folks,
        Thanks for the replies so far, I had an idea that Milford are behind the barrier for the Pajero, but it's confusing when they say on their site that the barrier to the general public is not compatible, maybe just a typo or the like.

As for it only being able to be used in the rear most position, that's fine for what it's wanted for us. Will be interesting to see if it can be had with the perspex type centre though as that would be a bonus.

One question i did'nt ask before though was how far back the rear seat can be reclined with it in place....again no biggie though.

Any rough ideas on what The price was in the package to supply and fit..?

Hope everyone has had a Great Christmas,
        thanks again,

Pug.

Comment

Hi, just a point on the perspex type barrier that I have on my NM Pajero. It suffers from bad (distracting) headlight reflections from oncoming and following vehicles. The perspex is also easily scuffed further reducing visibility. If I could get a barrier without the perspex I would go for it without a second thought.
          NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
          NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

Originally posted by 2800ITDNM View Post
            If I could get a barrier without the perspex I would go for it without a second thought.
            Which is what I thought until one day the rear door nearly closed with me in the rear. At least there's an escape route with the perspex.
            Peter
            2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdeg View Post
              Which is what I thought until one day the rear door nearly closed with me in the rear. At least there's an escape route with the perspex.
              I'm amazed that it's legal to sell a car with third row seats, where they're too stingy have a door opening lever on the inside of the fifth door.
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

i have never understood why any parent would put kids in the third row in a 4x4 or worse a wagon.. i witnessed an accident where an ambulance! rear ended a vehicle and the third row ended up in the back seat!! no crash protection!!
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Originally posted by uminamd View Post
                  I have a dealer fitted cargo barrier with the Family Pack, the only caution that I had was that the barrier can not be used in the forward position due to the side airbags.

My barrier does not have the perspex in it, it is the standard cage. It might be worth chatting with the Milford guys, as the first dealer I spoke to told me that the cargo barrier was not available if I took the family pack.

Cheers
                  Mark
                  Hi,
                  Apparently Hayman Reece has a Cargo barrier that is compatabile with rear air bags. 4 screws for quick release, but not sure if verticle above rear seats- hence lost luggage space. Can't be used for two postion, just behind second seats. Cost about $500. Does any body advise this brand, or others, especially compared to Milford.
                  Thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X