Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS convex drivers side mirror?

Hi guys,
    Picked up our NS last Friday, it's very different than our NM! Drives nicer, engine is so much quieter but there are a couple of things for us to get used to.
    We both hate the drivers side mirror! To park at home we have to stop just past our garage and reverse into it turning the car 90 degrees as we reverse and straighten up as we reverse into the garage. Our NM had a normal mirror so we could judge exactly how close the rear right corner of the car was to the garage as we swung around, but the NS mirror is convex making it very hard to judge distance. We need to just miss the garage as we swing in so when we straighten the rear wheel flair ends up about 2cm from a post, which is also hard to judge with this mirror, much further away and we are too far over to open the left side doors.
    Does anyone know if I can replace the convex mirror with a normal one? Was the NP normal, is it the same size?
    The sooner I fix this the less chance the wife has of taking out the garage!
    Thanks,
    Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

just have a replacement glass cut
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

This doesn't seem right....protest to Mitsubishi!! For donkey's years the passenger side only was convex....maybe they want to save 50c on imports!

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
        just have a replacement glass cut
        Is this possible? There seems to be a plastic lip that goes around the front edge of the glass.

Originally posted by Avanner View Post
        This doesn't seem right....protest to Mitsubishi!! For donkey's years the passenger side only was convex....maybe they want to save 50c on imports!
        I agree it's not right, but I don't understand what you mean about saving 50c on imports.

Thanks,
        Sandgroper.
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Sandgroper
          Like you we went from an NM (Petrol in our case) to a diesel NS and agree with your comments re the drive, noise etc. We are wrapped in our new vehicle.
          Also like you we thought the mirror was an issue but now after a couple of months using it don't even notice. We don't have the tight fit in the garage like you but reversing on to the trailer in the shed is a bit fiddly but I don't even notice the mirror issue any more.
          Rusty
          2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
          Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
          2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

man put it together.. man can take it apart
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

"I agree it's not right, but I don't understand what you mean about saving 50c on imports."

I mean, that's about what it would cost Mitsubishi per vehicle, to have the right mirror produced in flat glass, at the price Mitsubishi pays for a volume item! I bet the LHD Paj has flat glass on the left mirror.

Comment

I just reversed my boat into its garage and it was almost impossible to judge the gap either side. I have 10cm either side of the boat to play with and trying to judge that with convex mirrors is just about impossible!
                Does anyone know how to remove the glass without breaking the plastic mount so I can get a normal mirror fitted?
                Thanks,
                Sandgroper.

Comment

put a convex mirror above your garage, or buy a bigger shed.

Comment

Originally posted by actpaj View Post
                    put a convex mirror above your garage, or buy a bigger shed.
                    It will be cheaper and easier to replace the mirror.
                    Sandgroper.

Comment

All done! It was a little tricky removing the mirror but I did'nt break any clips so all is good.
                      My local glass guy charged me $35 to cut and fit a normal mirror into the plastic bracket and it took me about 20 seconds to fit it again.
                      Thanks guys,
                      Sandgroper.

Comment

good result mate

Comment

I drove a europcar hire Hyundai Getz a couple of days ago. It also had the drivers side convex mirror. I didn't like it. Perhaps all imports are allowed to have that now?
                          1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

Hi everyone - this is my first post on the forum. I just picked up my New NS GLX Saturday, parting with a much loved and very reliable Rodeo after 9 years of faithful service. I'm hoping the Pajero will be as reliable. I am amazed at the amount of electronics in the thing after coming from the basic Rodeo -wow!. Anyway, my wife bought a new Lancer last year - has the same convex mirrors. Once you get used to them I reckon they are better for rear vision than the standard type.
                            Gromit ***********************************

White NS Manual LWB - Lotsa bits - more wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
                              Once you get used to them I reckon they are better for rear vision than the standard type.
                              I agree - it's hard to avoid a car you can't see - at least Convex mirrors have much smaller blind spots.
                              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X