Light knock when come to hault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light knock when come to hault

has anyone had a fix/solution for the light knock felt under foot when you come to a stop or lightly accelerate.. feels like a hydraulic brake system error (dumping back to accumulator?)
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

I haven't experienced anything like that.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I hear a knock, but I don't feel anything through the brake pedal. Are you saying it is in the brake pedal that you feel this.

There is also a hydraulic brake force adjustment back to front that can cause a bit of a hydraulic knock when you release. I think that it is tied to the rear vehicles height.
      Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

felt through floor not pedal, not transmission. you can see the accumulator move when the knock occurs.. can also do it during accel from standstill. can be heard sometimes and is erratic. when coming to standstill usually occurs a few seconds after complete stop... any ideas
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
          has anyone had a fix/solution for the light knock felt under foot when you come to a stop or lightly accelerate.. feels like a hydraulic brake system error (dumping back to accumulator?)
          Mathew, is it a slight vibration that comes and goes whilst stopped? I noticed this yesterday, I was stopped at traffic lights and I felt a slight vibration through the steering wheel. It lasted about 10 seconds then went away for about the same time and came back again, like it was cycling. I was watching the tacho and it did'nt move at all, perfect idle.
          Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

no, a single thump/knock from hyd system...
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Yes it sounds very familiar.

See this thread: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=1069

Happens just on stopping and have had it a couple of times just on light acceleration after momentary stopping.
              Last edited by Eastie; 03-01-08, 08:18 PM.
              NS oil burner shorty

Comment

an update on this is mine has for some reason stopped doing this. Instead it's now doing a rough idle if you feather the brakes when stopping/stopped . It stops rough idle if you depress the brake pedal fully.
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I have noticed something similar, not sure whether I'd call it a knock though. More like a slight stutter. Happens to me when coming to a stop whilst still in a high gear (4th or 5th) even if the clutch is depressed. I've found that shifting to neutral just before coming to rest eliminates the problem. If it is actually a problem?
                  2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X