Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiclone or not to Hiclone

Greetings all,
    I am exploring all possibilities so, has anyone installed a Hiclone fuel saving device to their diesel, and if so what were the results, was it worth the effort/cost in terms of fuel saved and/or extra power?
    Cheers
    Jeff
    Lightforce Blitz 170s

Adventure Grand Tourer offroad Campertrailer

Where would you put it in an NS ?

The pre-cleaner swirls the air
    The air filter unswirls it
    The turbo swirls the air
    The Intercooler unswirls it

Everyone who's ever installed a Hiclone in any vehicle and tested it carefully has found it makes no difference.
    Last edited by Mike DiD; 04-01-08, 12:05 PM.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Tend to agree - I doubt it would offer anything to a new ecu controlled turbocharged common rail DiD engine.
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Thank you for your comments, it is as I suspected, I shall save the $160+ and put it to something more useful, long range tank perhaps, or maybe the roof racks, or maybe the bullbar or maybe.....
        Cheers
        Jeff
        Lightforce Blitz 170s

Adventure Grand Tourer offroad Campertrailer

Comment

Has been on today tonight several times with far fetched claims. CSIRO tested with today tonight stating no savings were to be had.

Comment

Saved me between 5 and 10% in my 94 petrol v6 3L, did work in that engine, brother-inlaw has it in his pajero v6 3L, gets around 100 to 150 kms per tank more around Brisbane, they don't work in every enigne. Wouldn't worry in the 3.2 diesel.
            Marc
            1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

these things can solve the world oil crisis bollocks i say... does a prius have one .. hehe
              SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Simple truth is - if anyone, anywhere had discovered a real, and effective way of saving fuel - everyone - Ford, GM, Mitsu, Toyota etc would be after it - and willing to pay billions for the patent. Ain't happening; won't happen!!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X