Pajero Club of Victoria Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero Club of Victoria Members?

Thinking about joining the club and thought it might be interesting to see how many Victorians on the forum are members.

My best mate is picking up his new Prado in a months time. How many non Pajero members are there in the club? We'll probably end up joining the same club.
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Not too many club members on the forum, although a lot lurk and do not post.
    We aren't brand biased in the club as long as it has lo-range as we do not accept all wheel drives. Club would probably have upwards of 750 members now and you could say that 70% would be Paj owners. We also ran a total of 76 trips last year, so should be a trip in there for everyone. Other benefits are discounts from quite a large list of retailers and dont forget our great monthly mag that everyone wants to get a hold of with the great articles from our Technical Officer . Heap of other benifits as well (Driver Training etc)..... end of the day it's your choice. But I will give you a tip, it took only one trip to a major 4x4 accesory shop for me to square up what I paid for membership .
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Dave,
      I thought I read some where in a thread there is a special deal for interstate members.

It seems like a great club and the training be offered is tempting but being interstate makes it difficult when there is a theory day during the week and practical on W/E.

Mind you with some of the trips you run being interstate (Canberra) is not an impossible hurdle.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        Dave,
        I thought I read some where in a thread there is a special deal for interstate members.

Rich
        Well not so much interstate but country members, but maybe we should be reveiwing the whole membership setup as electronic media nowadays makes it so easy to communicate in terms of forums and yahoo groups etc. The problem would be getting on trips and gatherings.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Pajero 4WD Club of Vic membership

Sometime ago (2005 I think as it was for the 20th birthday activities) I did a study of the membership figures for the club which indicated that approx 50% of members drove Pajeros, though this may have changed. The club rules give the discretion for accepting drivers of other model/makes of vehicles to the committee. The bylaws (no. 5) do give the opportunity for interstate magazine subscribers. I believe that we do still send a magazine to ex members who returned to South Africa.

To actually be involved in club activities for these members (interstate) I would think that for the most part it would be very limited. Though in the past the club has run some joint activities with the NSW version of the club (normally over Easter), though I dont think this is a regular thing anymore. Perhaps it should be. There is also scope I would think to do the same with the SA club.

Additionally we are also coming up to the 7th Annual 4WD Gathering at Mitta Mitta, Vic over Easter 2008, this may give some scope to meet up with interstate members/clubs
          NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
            Sometime ago (2005 I think as it was for the 20th birthday activities) I did a study of the membership figures for the club which indicated that approx 50% of members drove Pajeros, though this may have changed. The club rules give the discretion for accepting drivers of other model/makes of vehicles to the committee. The bylaws (no. 5) do give the opportunity for interstate magazine subscribers. I believe that we do still send a magazine to ex members who returned to South Africa.

To actually be involved in club activities for these members (interstate) I would think that for the most part it would be very limited. Though in the past the club has run some joint activities with the NSW version of the club (normally over Easter), though I dont think this is a regular thing anymore. Perhaps it should be. There is also scope I would think to do the same with the SA club.

Additionally we are also coming up to the 7th Annual 4WD Gathering at Mitta Mitta, Vic over Easter 2008, this may give some scope to meet up with interstate members/clubs
            For those who don't know, Old Paj is a life member of the club. Maybe we should be upgrading him from Junior Member(Forum) to something a bit more deserving.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post

I would interested in what Pajero Club is in NSW (Sydney area), they are certainly not as well known as the Victorian Club.
              2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
              Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
                I would interested in what Pajero Club is in NSW (Sydney area), they are certainly not as well known as the Victorian Club.
                http://www.triplediamond.asn.au/index.php
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X