NS 2007 Diesel Oil Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 2007 Diesel Oil Options

Spoke to a reasonably helpful guy at my Mitsubishi Service Department today about Engine Oils for the NS Diesel. He advised the $200/10ltr oil they use for services is actually Gulf Western Top Dog XDO C14/SL 15w/40w, with some Mitsubishi supplied mystery additives.

When I brought my Paj the dealer advised I had to use the genuine Mitsu supplied oil or I would void warranty, not sure if he was just assisting the service departments profit margin or if this is a genuine position supported by Mitsubishi?

I think I can save at least $40 a service on oil if I use something like Royal Purple Synthetic ($79/5ltrs Auto Pro), does anyone have experience with this oil or any other alternative oils recommended for these engines?

Have a look at some of the earlier threads Neil , page 14 "NS Diesel oil" or page 7 "Valvoline oil for Diesel Auto . I my self have been using the Valvoline oil for quite a while now with no problems and there are another 3 or 4 alternatives oils also that you may use .
    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by NeilJ View Post
      Spoke to a reasonably helpful guy at my Mitsubishi Service Department today about Engine Oils for the NS Diesel. He advised the $200/10ltr oil they use for services is actually Gulf Western Top Dog XDO C14/SL 15w/40w, with some Mitsubishi supplied mystery additives.
      Oh really? Bright guy he must have been .. the day DIAQUEEN meets with Gulf Western will never happen, so please, use another workshop!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X