service dept info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service dept info

having monitored threads for the best part of 6 months trying to keep tabs on anything related to the DPF issue, a troubling point has appeared as vitually a constant throughout and not only specifically on the DPF thread but in others;it is the conflicting often misleading rubbish that owners have been given by their service dept's.
    It is obvious that the Service Reps are chosen for their ability to BS their way through any customer issue but can't judge when they are talking to someone who might have some knowledge and or experience in car issues.
    This isn't just Mitsubishi it is virtually all brands I have lost count of the number of times I have explained a fault in precise terms to find that the rep has turned it into "noise in re?r". Then to cap it off they charge like wounded bulls, I was quoted $376 for a 12 month service on a Subaru Outback in which the only consumables where 5 litres of oil and a filter, the rest was supposed checks of evrything on the car. They charge $100/hour for labour and get the apprentice to do it at $10/hour. Then they blackmail you over possible warranty issues if you don't use their service.
    Am I just a Grumpy old bastard or what?

Hi
    Me and dad recently went on a trip to northern WA in which his gearbox seal in a brand new triton failed (yes brand new it had only done 10000km's)
    we ended up having to take it to mitsubishi in karratha to get fixed and they said theyd have to get the parts so they checked on the computer as to what parts they needed and they said its just silicon sealant sealing the between the shaft and the housing (not quite sure how that would seal but anyways) we argued with them for about 30 mins about how silicon would never seal a moving part but they wouldnt have it. eventually we gave up. they got the sealant in and started pulling the gearbox out and funilly enough it does have a seal (what a surprise there) so ended up up spending a whole week in karratha waiting for parts, it made for a fun holiday!!
    NW Pajero VR-X
    Currently stock

Comment

Hey guys, I had the ABS, ASC and the Traction Control warning lights come on so I checked the fuses and found nothing wrong so I booked the car in at Mitsubishi to check it out. They told me it was a blown Brake light fuse and promptly charged me $93.00. Thats got to the most expensive fuse I have ever bought.

Stephen

Comment

I had the same thing happen to my car just after it had been serviced.
        The mechanic came back out and had a look at it couldnt find anything wrong so he reset the computer and said if it happened again to call him and hell book it in to the service center.
        I can highly recommend John Hughes Mitsubishi.

Adrian
        NW Pajero VR-X
        Currently stock

Comment

As for my Service experiences, Mitsubishi-Wise i have NO complaints so far at my current dealership which is here on the south-side of Brisbane...Motorama Mitsubishi.

Both the Service Advisors there are very knowledgable & both are former technicians with the brand which i reckon is priceless. From day one they've been absolutely on the ball with ALL my vehicles, and that's why i do'nt hesitate to go back. I am an Aviation Tech by trade & have been around the motor industry also for some years so would know only too well if they were telling porkies.

I agree that some service departments lead you a merry dance with the truth & this 'HAD' been my 'General Experience' in the past with other dealers and brands including Holden & Subaru. Unfortunately, i think that 'most' experiences people have are negative so when you find a good service department, stick with them!

Have a good un,

Pug.

Comment

Originally posted by MalF View Post
            . . . . It is obvious that the Service Reps are chosen for their ability to BS their way through any customer issue but can't judge when they are talking to someone who might have some knowledge and or experience in car issues. . . . .
            Me - "My Sunvisors won't stay forward against the windscreen "
            Service - "All pajeros are like that"
            - had to get the Sales Mgr to talk them to point out NO cars in the showroom had that problem.

Me - "The handbrake makes a bang when I pull it on while rolling slowly forward"
            Service - "All cars do that"
            Me "None of the cars I've driven in teh last 40 years did that, including four Pajeros from Gen I to Gen III. "
            Service - "All the NSs we tested do it - it's normal"
            Well it seems all NS LWB's do it, but I'm concerned about the damage the shock loading when this happens. When it doesn' happen when rolling backwards, it tells me they stuffed up.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Groover View Post
              Hey guys, I had the ABS, ASC and the Traction Control warning lights come on so I checked the fuses and found nothing wrong so I booked the car in at Mitsubishi to check it out. They told me it was a blown Brake light fuse and promptly charged me $93.00. Thats got to the most expensive fuse I have ever bought.

Stephen
              Better than the $695 they charged me trying to fix the same fault. They decided to overhaul the alternator before discovering the fuse was the actual problem.
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Originally posted by MalF View Post
                having monitored threads for the best part of 6 months trying to keep tabs on anything related to the DPF issue, a troubling point has appeared as vitually a constant throughout and not only specifically on the DPF thread but in others;it is the conflicting often misleading rubbish that owners have been given by their service dept's.
                It is obvious that the Service Reps are chosen for their ability to BS their way through any customer issue but can't judge when they are talking to someone who might have some knowledge and or experience in car issues.
                This isn't just Mitsubishi it is virtually all brands I have lost count of the number of times I have explained a fault in precise terms to find that the rep has turned it into "noise in re?r". Then to cap it off they charge like wounded bulls, I was quoted $376 for a 12 month service on a Subaru Outback in which the only consumables where 5 litres of oil and a filter, the rest was supposed checks of evrything on the car. They charge $100/hour for labour and get the apprentice to do it at $10/hour. Then they blackmail you over possible warranty issues if you don't use their service.
                Am I just a Grumpy old bastard or what?

Yep, you are just a grumpy old ***t!

Comment

and I guess you are a happy Service Dept. user love to hear why

Comment

mal you got my vote
                    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X