loose bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose bolts

has anyone else had this problem,one of the flywheel bolts came out and made one hell of a noise,but not as much as me when i found out replacement bolt has to come from adelaide to sydney to border vic leaving me with no car so far for three days

ns glx 3.8

what was the thread spec? cant imagine it being anything other than high tensile metric which is garden variety from any engineering supply ??
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

mma dont tell u to much just tow car away and dont even let u know whats going on

Comment

its a recall job, shame they missed you before it became an issue

mine was done in november as a recall precautionary
        Cheers,
        Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
        1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

Mine made noises on and off. im pretty sure that the bolt no longer exists and has probably done some damage to the flywheel. It doesnt make the noise any more and i am sure thats what it must have been. Oh well i guess thats why i bought a new car with warranty. the question is will MM actually look at it when i take it in for a service or just say no noise no problem =)
          ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

depends on what you say, and on the chassis number i guess
            Cheers,
            Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
            1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

got car back dealer denies any recall,wont tell me which bolt it was just that it came out

Comment

Originally posted by willow65 View Post
                got car back dealer denies any recall,wont tell me which bolt it was just that it came out
                Yes i checked the dotars site there is no recall for pajero re this item. It may just be a field fix ....
                One would hope they put the torque wrench on all the bolts

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X