Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto headlamp levelling?

Hi guys,
    I thought only the Exceed had this but my service adviser told me that the VRX also has it. So I read my manual and it says: "The automatic headlamp levelling warning lamp should illuminate when the ignition switch is turned "ON", and should go off in a few seconds."
    Mine does'nt. Can somebody with a VRX check and see if their warning lamp comes on when the ignition is turned on?
    The info is on page 3-63 of the owners manual.
    Thanks,
    Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

The X and the Exceed havce them for the HID headlamps. They aren't standard on other models.
    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

That's what I thought but my service adviser spoke with the head tech on the phone when I was there and he was adamant the VRX had it.
      Our car was in for the "free" 1500km service and I asked them to adjust the handbrake and to check the headlights because they are pointing too high, when I picked it up I asked the service adviser if they had done what I had asked and he said they adjusted the handbrake but the headlights were self levelling. I told him I thought only the Exceed had this feature so he called the tech who said the VRX also had this.
      So last night I got my owners manual out and I don't have the lamp on my dash when the ignition is on.
      I just wanted to confirm my thoughts that the VRX does'nt have auto levelling headlights with other formites before I go back to the dealer.
      Thanks,
      Sandgroper.
      NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Sandgroper,
        Have a look at this diagram - it's the front height sensor of the self leveling system. If it's not fitted you don't have auto levelling.

Last edited by Eastie; 22-01-08, 12:20 PM.
        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
          . . . I asked them to adjust the handbrake and to check the headlights because they are pointing too high, when I picked it up I asked the service adviser if they had done what I had asked and he said they adjusted the handbrake but the headlights were self levelling. I told him I thought only the Exceed had this feature so he called the tech who said the VRX also had this. . . . . .
          aaarrrggghhh ! All the Auto Levellers do is keep the headlights at the same height as you put more load in the vehicle !!!! If the headlights are too high, then all the auto levellers will do, is keep them aimed too high when you add more load !

If you don't have HID Lowbeam you don't have Auto-Levellers. Sometimes you can see the autolevellers doing fine adjustments - a few seconds after you come to a stop, you may see the cutoff going up or down.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Eastie, I can't see anything like that on my front springs so I don't have the auto levellers then. Thanks for the diagram.

Mike, I agree with you. Even if I did have the auto levellers, (which I don't) there is something wrong so they should have checked the lights anyway. If they did they would have seen that I don't and should have adjusted the lights anyway!

Thanks,
            Sandgroper.

Comment

If you want to avoid dealing with idiots and adjust them yourself let me know and I'll email the instructions.
              NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X