due to the variable vein turbo there is excessive intake noise so we are
    developing a way of keeping it pleasant. We are hoping to have this done
    very shortly.

The Manual snorkel will fit an Auto it will just be a little bit noisy
    that is all.

Best Regards
    Ben Shaw
    Safari Automotive Technologies

So all is not lost and it appears as though some were jumping to conclusions I just hope that by "keeping it pleasant" they mean eliminating it!!
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Shniff,
    Thanks for posting the update, i'm sure there will be a few relieved members.

Some may not want ALL the industion noise suppressed though, Nothin wrong with a bit of 'Induction Roar'.........

Cheers,

Pug.

Comment

Originally posted by 72pug View Post
      Shniff,
      Thanks for posting the update, i'm sure there will be a few relieved members.

Some may not want ALL the industion noise suppressed though, Nothin wrong with a bit of 'Induction Roar'.........

Cheers,

Pug.
      Has anyone fitted a snokel to a ns manual yet, what is the induction noise like.... is it bad Cheers pajman
      SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
      wishing :

Now driving

Mazda BT50, bullbar, spotlights, light bar and need so spend more.......

Comment

I am getting it fitted on the the 7th of feb will let you know about the induction noise hopefully wont be to noisey

Comment

Thanks all. Only joined a few minutes ago and already you blokes have provided some useful info. I asked ARB re the safari snorkel (for the NS auto diesel) earlier today and they gave me the same advice re the noise. Look forward to seeing how your fit goes masterant.

Regards

Comment

Masterant, is yours auto or manual? The problem is only with the autos.
            Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Schniff mine is the manual

Comment

Gday All... had a reply from ARB recently as follows:

"Unfortunatley at this stage we have no advice that a snorkel will be made for an automatic Pajero turbo diesel. I believe the problem is that the automatic runs a a different turbo to that of the manual. This has resulted in a vibration when the snorkel is fitted. As a result of this we are un sure as to if safari will ever do a snorkel for this car.

Regards,

ARB Sales Team "

so not sure where that leaves us? Does Mistubishi make a snorkel for the NS auto diesel?

Comment

I don't think it changes anything until safari makes an announcement. It agains show the various inconsistent messages and rumours that come out of various 4x4 retailers. It's a pitty they can't get around a campfire and agree on the bs they are spinning - at least it would be consistent. As the original post reported safari themselves were aware of the problem and were committed to keep trying.
                  NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I am chasing a safari snorkel for my NS V6 Auto SWB. I sent off an email to safari and they said that the petrol should have the same airbox as the Diesel and that the diesel snorkel should fit but has never been tested.

Has any one got a good pic of there diesel engine bay?

Cheers
                    ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Well, as of today I am not sure what Safari and ARB are going on about.

I was working in Croydon this morning and in the carpark was a NS pajero auto diesel and it had a safari snorkel on it. I spoke with the owner Toby who is also a member on here and he reckons there is no excessive noise at all. He says he can hear a slight induction noise in 1st gear if he has the window down but that is all. (and he should know since he is a audiologist! )

ARB fitted the snorkel in January when they did the bullbar.

So hopefully Toby will see this post and make some more coments.

PS. Toby also has removed the sidesteps and with a 2" lift it is amazing how much higher the vehicle looks. It also looks a lot cleaner without the steps. He is in the middle of fabricating some rock sliders to bolt on.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

That certainly is very interesting. It would be nice to get a straight answer out of someone!

Comment

I did a post on this about a week ago in the bolted on bits forum, nes is they have it available as a general sale item from april onwards, can be got before as a specific order but not untill april as a general stocked item.

Item is excessively noise (Safari's on words), it does the job & they are going to continuie working on a way to make it quieter.

I haven't gpt the product code or price, they are at home.. at work at the moment.

I will post it up later.
                          Hawk

2008 NS VRX DiD Auto, LWB, Gunmetal Grey, All Standard Extras, my Extras: DVD Player, Satnav, Yaesu FT-1802 2m/70cm rig, Uniden UH-090 AM/UHF CB, etc etc, Just after the Proper off-road extras now

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm the guy Adam was talking to in Croydon the other day, further to adams post. I bought my Pajero LWB Did in Dec 07, at time of purchase paid for a bullbar & snorkel. Both not available at the time. I didn't know at the time, and wasn't told about problems with the snorkel and the Did Auto. ARB called early January and told me both items were in, both were fitted.

As I mentioned to adam the induction noise is really not loud, since talking to him I have been driving without music to listen out. The only time it's noticable is on hard acellaration. I reckon the tyre and road noise is louder ( cooper ST ).

I am a bit disappionted with ARB as I wasn't told that the product has been on hold due to problems and will contact them for answers ( they can modify my product if it is improved) , they are not exactly easy to deal with as you are all aware.

Cheers
                            Toby
                            White GLX Diesel Auto. ARB Bullbar - Tough Dog Springs & 40mm adjustable Shocks ( 2" Lift ) - Ironman 12,000 lb winch - Polyairs - GME UHF - Pirahna Dual Battery Set up - Cooper ST. * Work in Progress - 40mm Custom side barwork *

Comment

Thanks Toby,
                              And don't forget to post up some picks of your rock sliders when they are finished.
                              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X