Bash Plates for SWN R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bash Plates for SWN R

Hi I contacted Browndavis re bash plates and go the response below.

Not sure if I can afford the lot but am keen on at least getting the front.

Does anyone have these ?

Is it worth getting the middle and rear (or even the front). I don't go rock climbing in the Paj but do want to hit some rough rocky roads where just having a plastic bit underneath is a bit worrying.

Rich

We do have bash plates for your SWB R NS Pajero.
    Front $250.00
    Middle $175
    Rear $ 175

..........thay charge like a wounded Bull........

Pug.

Comment

Hi Rich, I'm not sure where there Front, Middle and rear bash plates go in relation to the vehicle, but I have the one that replaces the plactic cover below the engine sump. This cover tears real easy around the bolt holes (mine tore on some deepish ruts) so would defentally recommend getting at least that one.
      NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
      Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

Fudgie,
        I am not sure which one it is either - I am hoping it is the cheaper one .

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          I am not sure which one it is either - I am hoping it is the cheaper one .
          I just had a look under my SWB NS diesel and the middle one is definitely plastic. From the quick look I had, the one I would be most worried about is the Front one which looks like it protects the Intercooler of the diesel and some other fragile looking bits. I haven't had a chance to take it off road yet, so I'm not sure how the standard bash protection will go.

Bye Jeff.
          NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

They used my swb as a template vehicle so what I wanted is what you get. The front one isn't worth it unless you are worried about the intercooler. As Walker found out the standard tin isn't real tough Also, I'm not sure what they ended up with as I've still got the initial template which has a few modifications to what they were going to manufacture - mainly different mesh and a few more holes. The middle one replaces the plastic which tears off really easily. The rear covers the back bit of the sump and the transmission, so if you aren't riding it on the body it's probably overkill. They are all electroplated 3mm mild steel with appropriate bracing. You get what you pay for, and in my book it's a lot less than a busted intercooler let alone a fractured sump or trasmission.
            NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Yep, I agree with Eastie. They are well made bash plates.

The front plate replaces the front intercooler bash plate which bends easily.
              The middle plate replaces the plastic factory engine guard
              The rear plate goes from where the plastic engine guard finishes back to the middle crossmember.

The intercooler guard is specifically for the NS but the other 2 guards are the smae as for the NM & NP.

It would be interesting to compare their prices to TJM.

My only problem with Brown Davis is that they are a pain to deal with. I was promised all the guards 3 weeks ago and still have not recieved them. I rang up1 week after they were due and the owner Kevin was away but I spoke to another employee and he was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. If I thought I could get the guards elsewhere I would.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Yep - hang in there and deal with Kev. One of the other blokes in the shop is an idiot, and that's putting it nicely.
                Just make sure with the intercooler plate that they have altered their design to allow greater airflow - measure the standard intercooler mesh and make sure there is at least this with an open mesh, not the 50% open circular stuff.
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Do TJM make bash plates for SWB NS as well ?

I se they make a sump guard for NM/NP - does thisfit the NS? I assume this one is to replace the plastic one

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Do TJM make bash plates for SWB NS as well ?

I se they make a sump guard for NM/NP - does thisfit the NS? I assume this one is to replace the plastic one

Rich
                    I have a generic Pajero brochure from them stating they have the Bash Plates. I'm dropping in to TJM this arvo to pick up my second battery holder, so I'll try and find out what they offer and how much.

Bye Jeff.
                    NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

Jeff,
                      Did you compare the cost of the ARB vs TJM battery holder?
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Jeff,
                        Did you compare the cost of the ARB vs TJM battery holder?
                        There isn't an ARB store on the Gold Coast. The TJM one was about $140.

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Just got home from the TJM store there doesn't appear to be any bash plates in their computer catalog for a NS Pajero let alone a SWB. The salesman did assure me that they would eventually have them, but gave no timetable.

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Just got confirmed from Kev that the middle one replaces the plastic one - so $175 dollars plus delivery

Rich

Comment

Front Skid Plate

I am concerned about the intercooler protection on the NS. Noticed that an accessory Skid plate is available from Mitsubishi, wondering if anyone has gone this way in improving there under body protection. Is the genuine product worth a mention ?
                              2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
                              Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X