Radio Control on Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Control on Wheel

For a while I have been thinking about the controls on the wheel, on both the VRX and Exceed the radio can be control via the steering wheel. On the base model this is not standard, is the wiring loom the same on all models, if so will the control if installed work on the base model. Can somebody help with some advice. Cheers Pajman
    SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
    wishing :

Now driving

Mazda BT50, bullbar, spotlights, light bar and need so spend more.......

It will likely have the wiring as the swb R model has the controls (subsidised by LWB owners )
    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
      It will likely have the wiring as the swb R model has the controls (subsidised by LWB owners )
      Just remember you owe us numerous beers !
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

looking at the specs sheet on mm website I would say that the GLX and VRX runt he same radio the only difference seems steering control. From what I have checked out at spare part with a mm dealer, 2 parts needed and they are the wiring loom to the radio and the control buttons. Not sure about the wiring loom.... On the audio control on the wheel is the blue tooth connect or is it a seperate control. has anyone done this before....Cheers pajman...

As to the beers - Fridge is always open and beer, burbon, and Jack is always stock... In winter have a fire in the shed, nothing better than a fire and a few drinks......
        SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
        wishing :

Now driving

Comment

Originally posted by pajman View Post
          looking at the specs sheet on mm website I would say that the GLX and VRX runt he same radio the only difference seems steering control. From what I have checked out at spare part with a mm dealer, 2 parts needed and they are the wiring loom to the radio and the control buttons. Not sure about the wiring loom.... On the audio control on the wheel is the blue tooth connect or is it a seperate control. has anyone done this before....Cheers pajman...

As to the beers - Fridge is always open and beer, burbon, and Jack is always stock... In winter have a fire in the shed, nothing better than a fire and a few drinks......
          No need to tease us good folk.. where the hell is this "valhalla" where we can get endless supply of beers and bourbon?

Comment

The connections to the buttons on the steering wheel are via springs - if the buttons aren't on the steering wheel I would assume the springs haven't been installed either.

The other possibility is the radio hasn't been configured to accept remote control inputs - before going too much further you should check if this input on the radio actually works.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I was thinking the same Pajman.
              Let us know if you find anything.

Cheers
              * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
              * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
              * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
              * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
              * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
              * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Spoke to MM today and I must say they are not wishing to help so what would be the best way to test....
                Cheers
                wishing :

Now driving

Comment

You may be able to see what springs / wiring etc. are in place by removing the steering column cowl (from around the blinker / wiper switches). Just a thought as I have not removed the cowl on a Paj (only on other vehicles).
                  Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

pajman,
                    maybe you asked the wrong question. Call spare parts and say, if I buy the steering wheel for an Exceed, will the radio buttons work with my installed radio?

try another dealer.
                    Marty
                    NP Exceeed DiD +++ inc LR Tank...>1,400Kms no worries

Comment

spoke to 3 mitsubishi dealers here in Vic and I must say they were as helpful as a fly on a hot day, useless - even ask if I could come in myself and look and the wiring cd supplied by mm to all sevice department and was told that was not possiable. The best guys said when he had time he would look into it. Moser will try that question tomorrow. I believe the Pajero club in Vic has a contact or something with KnoX Mitsub so hopefully this will help. If anyone knows the name of this person can they please let me know. I am sure I am not the only one with a GLX who wishes this. Cheers Pajman
                      wishing :

Now driving

Comment

While you are peeping at the wiring diagram, please check the back of the radio if it has an auxillary input of sorts... please....

Comment

OK here we go, spoken to Knox Mits who believe that this is the same wiring loom as the VRX and from my knowledge the VRX run's the same radio. I have today ordersed the switch and wiring loom and they have to come from Japan so in about 10 days time they will be here and then it is a case of trying. To all the GLX owners who want this once I have tried it I will confirm if it works. Cheers

Must say that Know Mits was very helpful...
                          wishing :

Now driving

Comment

Good to hear that you are getting somewhere pajman.
                            I will be more than interested in how it goes.
                            Are you going to do the install yourself or get the dealer to do it??

Cheers

Josh
                            * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                            * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                            * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                            * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                            * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                            * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Ok, it so simple.....After 15 phones calls it is so simple. Order the switch and wiring loom from Knox Mits, Picked them up today and went back to work. 2 screws and one plug and the switch is connected. Wiring loom is already installed and only the switch is needed. Total cost 135.00 for the switch.

Anyone needs any help let me know.

Cheers
                              wishing :

Now driving

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X