X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Steps for GLX

Hi,
    I have just ordered a GLX DiD Manual.
    Does any one know if there are Side steps out there just like the ones on VRX. I don't like the shape of ones that MM sells as accessory. Will the sides steps of NM or NP be an exact fit for NS. (Thinking of going to the wreckers to get one off NM or NP).
    any help would be appreciated.
    2007 GLX DiD Manual Black.

hsagar,
    Do'nt have a direct answer with regard to genuine steps, but you may want to look at the Bushranger ones available, i had the Integra steps on my NP GLX, and they've recently released a newer version of these with a different name which escapes me totally at present.

They are just a functional step with a decent footing for standing( so not what you are after if you want something for sliding over rocks) and are easily fitted by yourself in less than an hour for both sides .

From memory i got mine from one of the 4x4 outlets...around $500 a couple of years back......will see if i can dig out a pic or two if you need,

Hope this is of help,

Pug.

Comment

................Edit re the above post.....just had a squiz at the bushranger site...New steps are called 'Bladerunner'.......

Cheers,

Pug.

Comment

You could always go to the Mitso dealers parts department and get the VRX jobbers as spare parts. I suspect they might be pricey though.

Comment

Would putting sidesteps on the Pajero reduce ground clearance (albeit negligible)?

Comment

Depending on what you put on i would'nt have thought so...........even your ramp-over angle should'nt be any worse as something else underneath would still be the lowest point of contact, it certainly did'nt affect my NP.

Pug.

Comment

Originally posted by hsagar View Post
              Hi,
              I have just ordered a GLX DiD Manual.
              Does any one know if there are Side steps out there just like the ones on VRX. I don't like the shape of ones that MM sells as accessory. Will the sides steps of NM or NP be an exact fit for NS. (Thinking of going to the wreckers to get one off NM or NP).
              any help would be appreciated.
              Hello hsagar,

I've got the GLX DiD Manual as well. I ordered the sidesteps with the vehicle thinking they would be the same as the VRX/Exceed - they are not. I can't remember how much I paid, maybe $700, but thought they looked a bit cheap and nasty. They do the job of getting in and out of the car easier, but that is about it. They'd probably get ripped off the first time doing any serious 4wding.

If you want the VRX/Exceed sidesteps, I do believe they are a 'spare part' item, and not an accessory, as per one of the previous posts.

If you want a look at the sidesteps I have a picture of my vehicle in another thread - see http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=966

Hope that helps,

Mike
              NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Milkens,
                I got these on my SWB R model as well. I expected, as you, the same as on other models and paid more for them than you did for a SWB - good old MM got me again.

I was told the holes were an advantage as let the dirt and water through and I believed them - just wanted to get the bloody car so I could also experience the traumas of DPF lights and other things.

Rich

Comment

Hi Mikens,
                  Yes I noticed from the Accessory photos that the side steps they sell as accessory are no the same as on VRX..
                  I have emailed the dealer asking for a quote for the VRX side steps.. Will post if I get a reply.

Comment

I fitted the Bushranger Integra steps to my NS on the weekend.
                    Excellent quality and easy to fit plus look good. I'll post a photo as soon as
                    I get a chance. Also, ramp over is not affected as the lowest point
                    of the steps is level with the bottom of the fuel tank protector anyway.
                    Gromit ***********************************

White NS Manual LWB - Lotsa bits - more wanted

Comment

Here's the pic ....
                      Last edited by Gromit; 17-08-10, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic Gromit..
                        Just got a reply from a dealer. Says the price of VRX OEM side steps is $651.

Comment

Those bushranger integra sidesteps look pretty good - much better than the good old MM 'cheap and nasty' sidesteps I had put on (except they weren't cheap). mikens
                          Last edited by mikens; 04-02-08, 08:11 PM. Reason: adjust speling :)
                          NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Gromit,
                            are these side steps fairly durable, as in rock slider durability, or are they just showy ?
                            also another question of topic, your reversing camera, where did you mount the camera and monitor ?
                            Cheers Tom.
                            2007 Black NS DiD Pajero LWB.
                            ARB air compressor, Dual batteries (Redarc)
                            ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Uniden UHF015sx, tow bar 2" lift lightforce XGT's.

Comment

Hi Tom,
                              The steps are very well made but definately not rock sliders. ARB reckon that they can't make sliders for the Pajero because it doesn't have a full chassis.
                              I have just taken some photos of the RV camera for you - quality is so so as its dark, but you'll get the idea. I tried the RV camera in several spots, including inside near the eye level break light etc but this gave the best view of the rear of the vehicle (for seeing rug rats etc) i.e. above the number plate, under the small lip that's there.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X