VRX Diesel Auto FP Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRX Diesel Auto FP Prices

I am now in the proccess of getting prices from dealers and get the feeling that there area lot of dodgy figures being put forward.

How much did you pay for yours? I know there will always be variations, however, I want to get an idea as to what the going rate is.

I am after a VRX diesel Auto with Family pack and towbar.

Your feedback is appreciated.

I hope to be able to gauge what the right price is.

Thanks

Dave
    NH (93) GLS hopefully a VRX soon.

I ended up with the Exceed not the VRX, but one dealer said they would do a VRX with family pack, towbar, rear difflock and full leather interior for $54k drive away. And that was what they offered without twisting their arm so I reckon you might even get that down more.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Adam must have far better negotiating skills than me (which is highly likely). Especially getting them to quote on adding leather seats to a VRX. I didn't know that was even a possible option. Surely, if you want leather you must go the way of the Exceed?.

Anyway - without this leather option???, I asked for pearl paint, floor mats, heavy duty thule roof rack and towbar plus family pack, and the drive away price was around 58K (inclusive of GST), although this is in WA where the stamp duty alone is over $3,850, never mind all the other fees (I think all government fees kicked in with rego etc at $4500), and this was when the Family pack was a free factory backed option in April/May 07. I'd say if you're in the Eastern States where Stamp duty would probably be a couple of grand cheaper, and you really could pick up a LWB VRX Auto Diesel for 54K, I would say you were doing exceptionally well.
      Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

5k off the on road should be easily done with tow bar and some other goodies...
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

In WA the recommended drive away price for VRX DiD with family pack in a manual with tow and carpets is $66500.( We bought one last month ).
          I would say around $60000 is a good drive away price, unless MMA are giving away FP and paying on road costs at the moment.
          Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

As I said, that price was without any negotiating. I was looking at an exceed but was not sure I could afford it and the sales person at Eastside Mitsubishi said they had added leather to quite a few VR-X's. It is an aftermarket leather and not factory.

Have a look on Carsales.com.au. I had a quick look at new and demo cars and there were at least 20 VR-x diesel auto's brand new advertised at $59k Drive away. There were also a couple of demo cars with less than 400km on the clock for less than $54k. For some reason the cheapest prices seem to be in Victoria.

It is amazing what prices you can negotiate at the moment. After some helpful hints from another member of the forum I was able to get my exceed with towbar and rear difflock and front tint for $65.5k
            Last edited by Walker; 01-02-08, 10:01 AM.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

60K driveaway is what I got for the VRX Diesel Auto with FP, bonnet and headlight protectors, tow bar, roof rack, cargo barrier and blue tooth. This is with fleet discount. I had quotes from two dealers and this was the better one by a couple of grand.

Maybe there are better deals around but I only got this in the begining of Dec.

Comment

Dave,
                Just out of curiosity....what state are you in..........(Geographically that is)..lolol

Pug.

Comment

Pug,

I am in NSW Metro.

Quotes that I have had so far $59,500 for 07 build, and $60,900 08 build, this is with the MMA fleet discount on at the moment.

Dave

Comment

Although mine is a petrol VRX I paid $52,000 and had the following options installed for free: cargo barrier, all carpet floor mats, carpet cargo mat, head light protectors, dash mat, foglight protectors, family pack, difflock and last but not least a towbar.

My girlfriend says its very exciting watching me negotiate and shes not quite sure how I get such good prices.
                    NW Pajero VR-X
                    Currently stock

Comment

Originally posted by mongoose View Post

My girlfriend says its very exciting watching me negotiate and shes not quite sure how I get such good prices.
                      It is definately a big buzz negotiating/haggling on a price. A lot of people really hate it, but always look forward to buying the new car, just for the negotiations. I think I really need to live in Asia where you get to haggle on everything.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Getting the best price is always a challenge..
                        I negotiated my GLX DiD Manual + Bluetooth, mats, tints, aux input, cargo blinds for 45,500.
                        This is in Sydney.
                        2007 GLX DiD Manual Black.

Comment

VRX Diesel's

I have heard that there is a bit of a waiting time in regards to new Pajeros?
                          I brought a manual VRX with all the fruit last year. I asked about leather, and they said it was not possible, I also asked about a manual Exceed, and again that was not possible.
                          I brought my vehicle in April last year, and that was around 60, so to pay any less than 60 thou for a Auto version isn't bad going drive-away.
                          Another question I asked the dealer, was getting those useless Grandtrekker changed, to a more useful AT tyre. They could have done that, but there was no cost saving. PS be prepared to pay for decent AT tyres if going on the rough stuff.

Comment

...Dave,
                            Sunday Mail today here in Brisbane,

2007 Build VRX Models, Free FP & on road costs,,,,,BUT excluding Dealer Delivery.

Pug

Comment

Just noticed this myself in the Saturday West Australian newspaper. Only that here in the west, the ads just say free on road costs (except dealer delivery), with no mention at all of included family packs. I did not think there was a $3000 difference between on road costs between WA and the other states (more like $2000), so even these special deals appear to be better value in the east compared to what happens over here in the west. I bought mine from a Perth Dealer (via a fleet deal), but I can certainly understand why many people over here find it cheaper to fly over east and buy new in the eastern states, and then bring the cars back.
                              Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X