satnav and steering wheel radio controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satnav and steering wheel radio controls

Just picked up my new VRX a mouth ago. I option in the satnav. On the way home i found my steering wheel radio controlls don't work. I called the dealer there response was that the satnav and steering wheel controls are not conpatable. I basicaly said well that not good enough. The dealer and Mitsubishi are looking for a fix to the problem, well thats what there telling me.

Has anyone else come across this problem and is there a fix?

It can be done - You can get any good car stereo installer to get them to work, (ask Mitsubishi but dont hold your breath)

I got the satnav in my exceed - after bumbling around for a month or two(with like one speaker working...out it went. far from happy with the option and lack of sat nav in a top of the line model (where 35k cars now have them as standard or a fully intergrated option. I am assuming you got the Eclipse AVN? - remeber this is an after market unit and not a factory unit or a unit designed for the car (unlike the Europe versions of the Paj).
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

If the AVN has an Infa Red remote control then you can get a SWI X to use the steering wheel inputs to control the system. I have the SWI unit but havent quite got around to installing it for use with my G4.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Well iam glad to hear that it can be done so all i have to do is put alot of pressure on mitsubishi to make it all happen

Comment

Behind the stereo there is a relearn module which your dealer can do which initializes the steering wheel controls to the satnav. It is the same as my 380 which they did for me
          NP Pajero Exceed DID, ARB bullbar, BFG mud terrain 265/70r17, Lightforce, ARB front air locker, EGR plate

Comment

I've got the Eclipse AVN sat nav in my car and my steering controls work fine, it all came working from new.
            -----------------------
            NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
            -----------------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X